• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Grounding on a Gibson LPC 2010

Csgibs

Hi,

Just joined and hoping for some help on something driving me insane. Ive been trying to get rid of excessive grounding hum and nothing seems to be working. My pickups are lindy fralins, a P-92 in the neck and a Pure PAF in the bridge. I started with shielding the electronics cavity and still had the same grounding hum. After that, I decided to do what I figured was usually unnecessary and shield both pickup cavities. I even got metal humbucker rings. I did continuity tests the whole length of the guitar(between all shieldings, bridge, switch, output, etc) and all looks good.

Now the neck pickup has a cover, but the bridge one does not. Was kind of going for a more custom “Jimmy Page 1st LP” sort of look. I figured maybe being uncovered could be the issue, but I have other guitars with uncovered humbuckers that removed all the grounding hum when shielding was put in, plus the p-92 has a cover and has the same hum. My explorer in particular responded really well to the shielding, so I thought maybe the location of the switch could be a factor as well, as the explorer has all the electronics in a single cavity vs the LP having the switch pretty much as far from the other electronics as it can go, with its own separate cavity. The LP is also a 50’s style wiring if that is also something to consider. All help is appreciated, thank you.