• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Neal Schon - Single-handedly boosting the Vintage Guitar Business

MWR

Have you guys seen the guitars that Neal has been buying on Instagram? :wow Everyday he posts something amazing from vintage LPs to Strats to Teles to Jazz Boxes to Private Stock PRS. I asked Neal if he was buying everything he always wanted or if he was starting a museum or exhibit. He never really answered. I love Neal's playing and Journey IMHO is a powerhouse no matter what the critics say.

Anyone have any insight on what he is up to? Gotta be up to a couple million in geetars already...:salude

miczap

He's actively buying- and actively buying some really beautiful stuff.

MWR

Wow! I thought this post would have sparked a lot of discussion. Hmmm? 🤔

SDMFVan

I'm not a vintage guitar expert, but I'd be interested to hear some opinions from those here who are in regards to his collection and if he's been sold some fakes. I've seen a few guitars on his Instagram lately that even to my untrained eye looked pretty suspect.

K_L

You can follow him on Facebook as he usually posts a video clip of him playing one of his new acquisitions. The last month or two have been great because he has been buying alot of great guitars & posting terrific videos of him playing some great stuff on most, if not all of them! They are all very enjoyable!

That link is only good for a few minutes. :dang
Is there a Burst in there somewhere?

From what I saw though, he is definitely not "Single-handedly boosting the Vintage Guitar Business".
He does have some nice vintage pieces.

AA00475Bassman

I don't think he's boosting anything , although Neal is having fun and sharing his collection !

Who knows he might buy the other Torpedo Joe that just surfaced ........!!!!!!

Last edited:

sws1

That link is only good for a few minutes. :dang
Is there a Burst in there somewhere?

From what I saw though, he is definitely not "Single-handedly boosting the Vintage Guitar Business".
He does have some nice vintage pieces.

There are several bursts in there. And GTs.
Maybe you have to be signed up for Instagram for that link to work.

garywright

good for him ! ..Neal comes across as a cool dude and is definitely an awesome player :salude