• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 1977 Les Paul Custom!

CK6

Ended up pulling the trigger on an ebony 1977 Les Paul Custom! Solid mahogany body, three-piece maple top, three-piece maple neck and ebony fingerboard. Pretty much stock except the saddles and brass switch tip. It’s going to need a re-fret and some new saddles, but otherwise its super clean.

Tried it as-is through the Pro-Junior and it sounded snappy and open, so looking forward to getting it back from my tech and playing it through a loud Marshall. Below is a photo of it next to my modded Randy Rhoads VOS Custom - Grover tuners & Wolfetone Marshallhead pickups in addition to some cosmetic changes.

Cheers

CK6

Thanks guys, cheers!

Nice guitar. Does it need a fret dress or a complete replacement?
How bad are they?

Thanks! It has super low frets so I'm replacing them. Surprisingly hardly any wear at all, but I like Dunlop 6100 type frets especially for bends.

I opened it up the other day and everything is stock, and it had actually never been opened before! Here are some shots:

sunking101

Cool! Whats all the rust from? Nothing looks rusty yet there seems to be rusty dust on the wood?

Anje

Nice one! I love those old Custom :salude
Btw, really liked those Fender Pro Junior too, gigged a few some years ago they make for the perfect small grab & go combo IMHO.

jrgtr42

Very cool.
I like that it's been untouched too. How much does it weigh? Should I invest in Advil?

CK6

Nice one! I love those old Custom :salude
Btw, really liked those Fender Pro Junior too, gigged a few some years ago they make for the perfect small grab & go combo IMHO.

Thanks! Yes, the Pr Junior is a cool little amp - this is the latest version and it sounds great.

CK6

Very cool.
I like that it's been untouched too. How much does it weigh? Should I invest in Advil?

Thanks! It's feels like it weighs the same as my RR re-issue so I suspect somewhere around 9lb +?