The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Narrowing down Tailpiece options.

Hey all,

Gonna be ordering an aluminum tailpiece and steel studs Friday and wanted to see if you guys might be able to better inform me on a few options.

It's going onto an '08 USA Les Paul Standard. I've narrowed my search down to a Throbak Kluson and studs, and a Retrospec set. Can anyone tell me a little more about the Retrospec tail, such as plating and accuracy to vintage spec (generally, as the old ones all varied a bit). I like the idea of Creamtone as they don't use a copper underplate but all I can find is an aged gold option. Emailed them about nickel without the full ABR set but they never got back.

So yeah, of the three where would you suggest I throw my money?

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: Narrowing down Tailpiece options.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinGuitarAttack View Post
    Hey all,

Gonna be ordering an aluminum tailpiece and steel studs Friday and wanted to see if you guys might be able to better inform me on a few options.

It's going onto an '08 USA Les Paul Standard. I've narrowed my search down to a Throbak Kluson and studs, and a Retrospec set. Can anyone tell me a little more about the Retrospec tail, such as plating and accuracy to vintage spec (generally, as the old ones all varied a bit). I like the idea of Creamtone as they don't use a copper underplate but all I can find is an aged gold option. Emailed them about nickel without the full ABR set but they never got back.

So yeah, of the three where would you suggest I throw my money?
    ThroBak