• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Narrowing down Tailpiece options.

TwinGuitarAttack

Hey all,

Gonna be ordering an aluminum tailpiece and steel studs Friday and wanted to see if you guys might be able to better inform me on a few options.

It's going onto an '08 USA Les Paul Standard. I've narrowed my search down to a Throbak Kluson and studs, and a Retrospec set. Can anyone tell me a little more about the Retrospec tail, such as plating and accuracy to vintage spec (generally, as the old ones all varied a bit). I like the idea of Creamtone as they don't use a copper underplate but all I can find is an aged gold option. Emailed them about nickel without the full ABR set but they never got back.

So yeah, of the three where would you suggest I throw my money?

El Gringo

Hey all,

Gonna be ordering an aluminum tailpiece and steel studs Friday and wanted to see if you guys might be able to better inform me on a few options.

It's going onto an '08 USA Les Paul Standard. I've narrowed my search down to a Throbak Kluson and studs, and a Retrospec set. Can anyone tell me a little more about the Retrospec tail, such as plating and accuracy to vintage spec (generally, as the old ones all varied a bit). I like the idea of Creamtone as they don't use a copper underplate but all I can find is an aged gold option. Emailed them about nickel without the full ABR set but they never got back.

So yeah, of the three where would you suggest I throw my money?

ThroBak