• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Please help ID this guitar!

LP NOOB

Hi, new member here and potentially first time LP owner.

I am being offered a "2005 Les Paul Classic 60s model" as a trade for my guitar (valued at about 1500 USD). I have been sent some photos but I am having a hard time matching this guitar with anything I see online. He said nothing has been repaired or changed, but I am not so sure. I figure this is the place to come for advice.

Here are some photos I received. The serial number is 055235.

I suspect plastics and hardware have been changed, in the least. I can´t find any images online with gold hardware, for example. But I could be wrong.

I would appreciate any help, thoughts, etc...

THANKS!

20190617_220443.jpg
20190617_220439.jpg
20190617_220515.jpg

Big Al

Looks like Classic 60 in ebony with added gold hardware or changed pickups. What is your guitar and why do you want it? Looks good.

LP NOOB

Thanks for the reply. I don't necessarily want this guitar but I am trying to sell my SG and this was offered to me as a trade.

Big Al

Well if you dont necessarily want the guitar you don't necessarily need to know. Why bother if you don't, why mention the deal if you aren't necessarily interested in doing it?

Coachmoe

Hi, new member here and potentially first time LP owner.

I am being offered a "2005 Les Paul Classic 60s model" as a trade for my guitar (valued at about 1500 USD). I have been sent some photos but I am having a hard time matching this guitar with anything I see online. He said nothing has been repaired or changed, but I am not so sure. I figure this is the place to come for advice.

Here are some photos I received. The serial number is 055235.

I suspect plastics and hardware have been changed, in the least. I can´t find any images online with gold hardware, for example. But I could be wrong.

I would appreciate any help, thoughts, etc...

THANKS!

View attachment 11086
View attachment 11085
View attachment 11087

Call Gibson, 1 800 444 2766. Give them the serial number and they'll tell you how it originally came out of the factory.