• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Trio of evil sisters...

Gold Tone

Historic 1963 Custom
Historic Jimmy Page EDS 1275 (#205/250)
Historic 1964 SG

qbhVkK.jpg

jb_abides

Oh yeah, massive joy. Both the models and their backdrop. :salude

Gold Tone

Nice ! ..how’s that trem pitch on the 63 custom ?

It’s finally correct and working!!

Excellent question by someone else no doubt irked by the messed up Lyre Vibrolas Gibson was using previously. I traded my 2011 ‘61 SG up to that 2019 ‘64, and also a 2010 Firebird V for a 2016 mostly to get rid of those nasty old and badly built reissue Vibrolas.

The current Vibrolas are just like the one that was on my ‘68 SG as a kid. Not only is the spring angle now correct (resulting in correct arm pitch) but the spring is also thicker metal, the trapeze frame is proper size and so is the engraved cover. Metric screws are gone and screw spacing are now as vintage. The screw holding the arm is now flat head and (as should be) no more nut holding the arm screw. Arm bend is correct now too.

👏 Gibson Vibrola functions properly again, stays in tune beautifully...and I can close the F’n case with the arm on now!