• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Am I Real?

PAP

Good Afternoon, Ladies & Gents. Not sure if this is the correct area to post, my apologies to all if not. I discovered this guitar exactly as pictured in a garage sale and can not find any distinguishing markings to confirm authenticity or age. Any input would be greatly appreciated!IMG_6627.jpgIMG_6626.jpgIMG_6628.jpgIMG_6629.jpgIMG_6631.jpg

PAP

Grover Deluxe tuners, no marking inside electronics box, Gibson branding on the back of the knobs.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Grover Deluxe tuners, no marking inside electronics box, Gibson branding on the back of the knobs.

Got a photo of that backs of the knobs? Never heard of this.

Either way, definitely not a Gibson Custom Shop product. :)

PAP

Hi, Tom, and thank you for the reply. This thing is truly crude. I'm sorry if posted in the wrong area, I have zero forum experience. IMG_6645.jpgIMG_6647.jpg

Last edited:

DANELECTRO

Looks like a home built project to me. Whatever it is, it wasn’t made by Gibson.

Richard.Pool

Sonex is what I thought at first glance.
I kinda like it, whatever it is.
Could be nice for setting up for slide.

Big Al

Look at the flippin' headstock. That is not a LES PAUL, the Gibson is in gold. Anyone ever see a Gibson with a truss cover so far from the nut with that shelf? Bridge andtailpice is not Gibson, workmanship is not Gibson typical. I doubt that it is legit.

WTF!:bigalWTF!! How come everytime a p.o.s. crap guitar gets posted someone always says it would make a good slide guitar?? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
WTF!:bigalWTF!! How come everytime a p.o.s. crap guitar gets posted someone always says it would make a good slide guitar?? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

They're channeling Jack White...

troyad

Sonex's had bolt on necks.
And they didn't use that bridge. :ganz

I thought there was a sonex "artist" model that didn't have a bolt neck? If it IS one of those, someone did a lot of diddling. The body shape/bevel was the thing that initially hit me with "sonex". Its very similar.