The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Garageband vs Audacity vs FL Studio

Hey guys, For a long time I have been looking for a music composing app. I am a beginner in composing and would like to try out a few songs. I have a Macbook Air at my place. Which is the best app for MAC if I want to compose music?

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: Garageband vs Audacity vs FL Studio

I think as you are new at this and you have a Mac, you should surely go with GarageBand. It has a very good interface along with host of features that should surely meet your requirements. Though I recommend garageband to you, I am using Audacity. As, Garageband is only available for Mac systems, and I have a windows system for now. Do you know some way to run Garageband on my windows laptop?

Re: Garageband vs Audacity vs FL Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Shepherd View Post
    I think as you are new at this and you have a Mac, you should surely go with GarageBand. It has a very good interface along with host of features that should surely meet your requirements. Though I recommend garageband to you, I am using Audacity. As, Garageband is only available for Mac systems, and I have a windows system for now. Do you know some way to run Garageband on my windows laptop?
    Thanks @Phil Shepherd For solving my problem!
    I think you can use garageband application through Virtual Box windows application. I found this article on internet where complete tutorial is mentioned on the process to run garageband in your windows laptop. Hope it will help you. Cheers!