• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Paul Firebrand Deluxe mixed Pick-ups?

Mudrunner

My first post here, so be gentle...
I just bought an '81 The Paul Firebrand Deluxe....in great shape and all original (from a reputable seller and verified by an even more reputable tech). My question is about the pick-ups. These were known to come with T-Tops. The neck pick-up is a classic T-Top ("T " embossed on top of the bobbins), but the bridge pick-up does not show the "T"s. It does have the Pat no and ink stamp on the back (the dates match), but could this be a Tim Shaw? Is it likely that Gibson just slapped on whatever pick-ups were laying around? Or are there instances of T-Tops without the "T"s on top?
Nothing on the interwebs clarify this.
I love the tones I'm getting from the guitar, and I am not interested in swapping anything out....just curious.

Big Al

That was the end of Ttop coil forms as they started to switch all humbucking bobbins to the older style reintroduced in 80 with the Shaw spec'd reissue paf's. Same pickup, new bobbins. The Shaw paf's have plain bases with a 136 or 137 ink prefix.

Mudrunner

That was the end of Ttop coil forms as they started to switch all humbucking bobbins to the older style reintroduced in 80 with the Shaw spec'd reissue paf's. Same pickup, new bobbins. The Shaw paf's have plain bases with a 136 or 137 ink prefix.
Thanks Big A! Confirmed...T-Tops front and back.