• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Burst Believers V

goldtop0

Steve, that was the Northwest of England show at Haydock Park Race Course, 2018, I think...can't remember what I was doing 10 minutes ago to be honest.

David Plues put on one of the best displays it's ever been my privilege to see, really great.

Apart from the fact that he hoodwinked me into being photographed with one of those PRS thingymabobs....he's a right bloody wrong un ...:hee:hee

Yes, I was impressed with those pics and the array of LPs in the background, David certainly did it like it's done at the old Arlington show.
Good to see the pic of Audrey:2cool

david plues

hi guys, the North West guitar Show - Haydock Park was actually 2019. A great year with this show, British Rare Guitar Show - Wigan and finally the London Guitar Show - My thanks to Tom Wilson and Simon White who brought along their collections. the two bursts on the front are 9 1895 and 9 1856. The burst at the back, horizontal is ex Mick Taylor. Lots of other really great guitars. Thanks for all the comms espec 'our man in the north' who loved the PRS LOL

DSC02772%20fx.webp

DSC02777%20150.webp

DSC02776%2072.webp

DSC02774%2072.webp

Avalon

mine's arrived today

IMG_20200907_190716-960x932.jpg

not read yet but best pictures of the series

marshall1987

I know this is kind of a skin flint question, but just wondering how to get this price? I'm putting the book in my cart and its showing up as $85.00. I'm concerned that if I hit the "purchase" button i'll be paying the full price. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Joe

Same thing happened to me when I bought BB IV via Amazon a couple of years ago. Eighty-five U.S. Dollars? Really? :hmm ......$85.00?

That really put me off. :dang

And it won't happen again.

bluesky636

Same thing happened to me when I bought BB IV via Amazon a couple of years ago. Eighty-five U.S. Dollars? Really? :hmm ......$85.00?

That really put me off. :dang

And it won't happen again.

Like I said earlier, prices on Amazon can vary widely based on seller and order date. I placed my order the day it appeared on Amazon. Sold by Amazon with their price guarantee. It dropped from $85 to about $55 by the time I got it. Now its back up to $78 from Amazon and $75 from another seller. What's the old saying about he who hesitates?

somebodyelseuk

Like I said earlier, prices on Amazon can vary widely based on seller and order date. I placed my order the day it appeared on Amazon. Sold by Amazon with their price guarantee. It dropped from $85 to about $55 by the time I got it. Now its back up to $78 from Amazon and $75 from another seller. What's the old saying about he who hesitates?
Can't help having a chuckle at the irony of guys happy to pay tens and hundreds of thousands of shekels for a lump of wood, sweating over saving 10 or 20 sovs on a new book.

... and like bluesky says... Six months ago, brand new copies o Beauty Of The Burst, under 20 quid. I hesitated, stock ran out. Now, used copies, priced over 200 notes.
DOH! (_8(I)

T.Allen

Received my copy today and am just starting to browse the pages. I'm really enjoying it!

Arnold M.

Can't help having a chuckle at the irony of guys happy to pay tens and hundreds of thousands of shekels for a lump of wood, sweating over saving 10 or 20 sovs on a new book.

... and like bluesky says... Six months ago, brand new copies o Beauty Of The Burst, under 20 quid. I hesitated, stock ran out. Now, used copies, priced over 200 notes.
DOH! (_8(I)
I bought a brand new copy of Beauty of the Burst yesterday in a music store for $47 CDN which is $30 USD ??

goldtop0

I bought a brand new copy of Beauty of the Burst yesterday in a music store for $47 CDN which is $30 USD ??

It's a great book that one. I got mine back in the early 2000s and might need to get another at some stage........some pages are falling out:lol