• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ding or dimple finish sunk in grain

JME1986

Hello everyone, I recently bought a gibson les paul reissue 1959, new in store, green lemon. Everything is perfect, but I have seen this little dimple under the strings next to the puncher, it can only be seen with a certain angle and against the light. My question is whether it can be a dimple because of the nitro sunk in the grain. The guitar was manufactured according to his papers 3 months ago. Has anyone bought any R7, R8 or R9 and had something similar? I also attach other photos of my guitars that used only at home with care, present the same dimple, in this case it is a cherry SG, attached both photos to buy. Thank you!!!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/788/Jpagw0.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4584/5cPYFe.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5382/Wo1oF3.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/6414/nDvkZO.png

AA00475Bassman

Every Historic I own -owned has a little character from the factory enjoy your new guitar play the heck out of it !

garywright

hard to tell with the headlights brightly shining ..guessing, looks like a ding.

JME1986

Ajam, I thought it was the sunken finish in the grain, since the guitars are new from the store. As the previous partner says that a new guitar even if it is reissue custom comes from the factory with a slight touch

mdubya

My rule is, if you have to blow a photo up to several times actual size to see something, it is not a flaw.

If you can't see it without shining light on it, stop shining light on it. :hippy

If you play the thing, microscopic flaws disappear.

These are my rules, only for me. YMMV.

JME1986

I like those rules, I take note. Thank you very much to all for your comments

axeman565758

they look like little dings. If they were bigger/deeper, someone qualified could drop some nitro on the spot and bring the level even. However, the work involved to make it look "perfect" may not even be worth the trouble. Plus, chances are, you may get another ding/scratch on it, the day you get it back. I agree with what was stated above....play it and play it a lot....those battle scars are your reward !!!

renderit

I always seem to get a latch ding or something at some point anyways. Wouldn't worry.

KR1

It looks like your guitar had a few small dings that were drop-filled with clear lacquer and sanded/polished - at least the larger one beside the pick guard. On that one, you are seeing the "fish eye" effect, as the surface is mostly level but the translucent lacquer shows the indented surface underneath.

I haven't seen more than a few of these delivered from the factory but repairs accomplished in the hands of dealers - Hell, yes. There are varying degrees of success with these but definitely not worth concern.

DANELECTRO

I always seem to get a latch ding or something at some point anyways. Wouldn't worry.

I put a latch ding on the binding of my 2003 R9 on the day that I bought the guitar new. That's the only ding that I specifically recall inflicting. Other dings have appeared over the years which I simply overlook.

sunking101

I can only really see anything in picture 3, and it looks like a ding.
The rest just show up as light reflections.