• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Feb 11, 1964--56 yrs ago--The Beatles 'live' in Washington DC

K_L

Two night after their historic US debut on the Ed Sullivan Show, they performed their first ever 'live concert' in America. I think this is really good!
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/244758056" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="486" frameborder="0"></iframe>
the beatles live at the Washington coliseum from Paul McCartney on Vimeo.

corpse

Wow- so early nobody knew how to react- they didn't know the words to the songs so they sat there slack jawed. they had never seen anything like that.
And those baby faces...
But you could hear the music. They were really tight.

mdubya

If anyone ever doubted Ringo's talent, just staying on that drum riser is world class talent! :wow

J T

That was great!

One non-mic'd drumset. Two vocal mics. Three amps.

That's all those four guys needed.

brandtkronholm

This shows just how tight and well rehearsed these guys were. All those hours of playing in Germany and England show through in this video. It's just amazing to see and hear it.

I mean, when they move the amps to face the other way, they're still just as tight. They actually know the songs backwards, forwards and upside-down.

...not to mention three part harmony - with awkward/virtually no monitors? Wow.

marshall1987

I recall a Beatles documentary reported many teenage girls in the audience brought bags of jelly beans to the D.C. concert....and within a short while, showers of jelly beans rained down on The Beatles.

Fast forward to the early to mid '80s and the girls are tossing their bras at David Lee Roth of Van Halen.....evolution at work! :hee

Guitar Whiskey

I was in 4th grade living near the beach in California and remember the next day seriously arguing who was better; The Beach Boys or Beatles. Then the debate was DC5 or Beatles. We know now who won those contests. It was the ride of a lifetime growing up with the fab four. Never seen anything like it since then.