• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2009 Pilot Run Namm R9

jcaesar

Hello,
I am new to the group and it looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

I found a 2009 Pilot Run R9 from the NAMM show of that year. It is number 11 of 20. I was just wondering if there were any differences between a pilot run guitar and the regular run, also does this increase the value compared to another of the same year?

Thanks for any help!

J

corpse

It depends on the subject matter- '09 was a year of some note. The pilot guitars tend to have some special care given to their construction- but not if it is a gold burst or some other acid-inspired marketing fuck-for-all.

Last edited:

jcaesar

IMG_2064.jpg

lol no acid induced fuckery here. Curious what you mean by 2009 was of some note... I appreciate your help!

corpse

J
I don't exactly recall- read through the sticky at the top of this pub. First it was the 50th anniversary so there was that but they had some important changes at the time- nothing compared to 2013 with the losing of the truss rod condom and the Custombuckers, and the hide glue, but the Custom Shop seemed to be losing their reluctance to fix some of the obvious errors in the CS LP's at the time.