• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

pickup rings diminish value? What say you purists?

Spindrifter

I picked up this 2018 Les Paul Standard HP a while back for a great deal, slightly used. I'm contemplating adding pickup rings for a more traditional look.
I know it's not a collectible model or anything, but I'm a bit hesitant to drill into the body :hmm Opinions of resale impact?
I've already swapped the tuners for locking Klusons and the knobs for gold ones.

Attachments

• s-l1600 2.jpg
    s-l1600 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74

brandtkronholm

I would not drill into this guitar just for the cosmetic sake of "traditional pickup rings." The guitar looks very cool as it is.

If you need pickup rings, get a Les Paul with pickup rings.

Keefoman

Aren’t the pickups mounted from the back of the guitar on these? Also not standard sized pickups? I really don’t see the point of drilling holes in your guitar just to mount ”dummy” pickuprings.
My guess is it would hurt resale value for sure.

sunking101

Agreed. Don't do it.
The guitar is what it is and if you don't like it then move it on.

Spindrifter

Agreed. Don't do it.
The guitar is what it is and if you don't like it then move it on.

Oh I like it just fine, plays and sounds awesome. I just ran across a video of someone doing the mod. I thought about for a short minute. I’m bonding with the look. It has a great top anyway...