• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe Perry 1960 Burst

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I don't see any details at all. How do you know it belongs to Joe Perry? :hmm

sws1

I don't see any details at all. How do you know it belongs to Joe Perry? :hmm

The post is by Dean Delray (podcaster, etc.) A bunch of posts by him backstage at the Aerosmith show. And then he wrote this next to those pics:

Well this is pretty fucking amazing. In the last few months I saw #garyrossington 1959 Les Paul then I saw @kirkhammett legendary #greeny and now this insane 1960 Les Paul owned and played by Joe Perry of Aerosmith nightly. All I can say is WOW. What was cool on this guitar was it wasn’t a super slim neck like most of the 1960 Les Paul’s have. I would say it’s medium and that is the Beauty of Hand Made Guitars they are all totally different. Also this guitar wasn’t your standard tomato burst that you always see on the 1960. The flame was pretty heavy on the top but translucent and ghostly on the bottom. What a fucking great day

32oSsjg.png

49C3xhR.png

PhQrum0.png

JPDSLYb.png

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
The post is by Dean Delray (podcaster, etc.) A bunch of posts by him backstage at the Aerosmith show. And then he wrote this next to those pics:

Thanks. Only those photos showed in the link you gave. The only comment was about a podcast.
:salude

SDMFVan

Dean’s podcast is a must for music fans. His episode from today is with Brad Whitford. In the last few months he’s done the best interviews I’ve ever heard with Kirk Hammett and John Mayer.

sws1

Dean’s podcast is a must for music fans. His episode from today is with Brad Whitford. In the last few months he’s done the best interviews I’ve ever heard with Kirk Hammett and John Mayer.

At 45:27, Brad tells the story of how DZ sent over 5 bursts to him and JP to choose from. And then sold them to them for $20k each, apparently far under market value at the time. Guess that's when JP got the one that is photo'd above.