• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Restoring a 345

Doc W

I have an early 60s ES-345 (sn 24071 - 1961, I believe). It has a lot of non-original parts and a few issues but I would like to do as much for it as I can afford. For starters, I would like to get a case that at least approximates the old Lifton cases. Originals are lotsa dough. Does anyone make vintage-style replacements?

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I bought an ES-345 last June. It came to me in a Harptone(?) case that fit just fine and is in good shape, but I really wanted a vintage Lifton for it. I found a nice one on Reverb for around $400.00, and no longer need the other case. Send me a message here, and maybe it would be a good case for you.
Steve

Doc W

I have an early 60s ES-345 (sn 24071 - 1961, I believe). It has a lot of non-original parts and a few issues but I would like to do as much for it as I can afford. For starters, I would like to get a case that at least approximates the old Lifton cases. Originals are lotsa dough. Does anyone make vintage-style replacements?

OK, now I feel like a bit of a dope. I just discovered that in 1961 the cases changed from brown to black with yellow lining. So it appears that the case I already have is a match for the guitar I have.

DOH