The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member Cliff Gress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,951

    Celestion speakers UK or China

    Are all Celestion speakers made in China except for the Heritage series?

    If not, does anyone know about the G10N-40 and G10F-15 found in the JMP1 and JTM1 50th anniversary amps respectively?

  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Member goldtop0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the end of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    7,517

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Gress View Post
    Are all Celestion speakers made in China except for the Heritage series?

    If not, does anyone know about the G10N-40 and G10F-15 found in the JMP1 and JTM1 50th anniversary amps respectively?

    That's my understanding Cliff..........Heritage only made in the UK.

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member TM1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom
    Posts
    7,819

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by goldtop0 View Post
    That's my understanding Cliff..........Heritage only made in the UK.
    And the alnico's are U.K. made.. except the ones found in Vox amps. The Blue's that are sold separate are U.K. made.

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member goldtop0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the end of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    7,517

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    And the alnico's are U.K. made.. except the ones found in Vox amps. The Blue's that are sold separate are U.K. made.

    Thanks for that info Don

  5. #5

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by goldtop0 View Post
    Thanks for that info Don
    I've read that Celestion was bought by a Hong Kong conglomerate in 1990. Even speakers saying England on the back were made there.

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    443

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip's Music View Post
    I've read that Celestion was bought by a Hong Kong conglomerate in 1990. Even speakers saying England on the back were made there.
    Then what you have read is clearly incorrect. The Heritage G12 speakers have "Made in England" printed on the back, it would be illegal to label them this way if they were not.

  7. #7

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    Then what you have read is clearly incorrect. The Heritage G12 speakers have "Made in England" printed on the back, it would be illegal to label them this way if they were not.
    and we know how well third world countries obey the law.

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    443

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    Quote Originally Posted by garywright View Post
    and we know how well third world countries obey the law.
    Not sure what your point is? Are you suggesting that a reputable company such as Celestion that has been in existence since 1924 would openly disregard the law and fraudulently miss represent where their product was manufactured, personally I find that impossible to believe!

  9. #9

    Re: Celestion speakers UK or China

    no, not all ..just a poor attempt at poking fun at some “over there” practices.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!



i