The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member BottleneckSaint's Avatar

R8 & AC10: Country Ballad Live In-Studio Performance Video

I appologize for innundating y'all with videos, but we've been busy recording the last two weeks, in part to start booking club and festival gigs around Texas and Oklahoma this spring and summer. I've always been a strat and tele player, but I've decided for my current band, I'm going to make my R8 my main guitar. In part, I think there's a certain subversive appeal in playing a Les Paul fairly clean when it's a guitar most commonly associated with overdriven classic rock and blues; I have a bit of a contrarian streak, lol.

This is a song our singer co-wrote back in Nashville about a dozen years ago with the late Larry Wayne Clark. I'm playing straight into my AC10. Given that this is a ballad, I figured my job is to stay out of Katelyn's way as much as possible while adding a bit of color, texture and dynamics as necessary.

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: R8 & AC10: Country Ballad Live In-Studio Performance Video

Lovely song and playing.

Les Paul Forum Member

Great Job , another winner . Loved the vocals and guitar .

Quote Originally Posted by BottleneckSaint View Post
    I appologize for innundating y'all with videos, but we've been busy recording the last two weeks, in part to start booking club and festival gigs around Texas and Oklahoma this spring and summer. I've always been a strat and tele player, but I've decided for my current band, I'm going to make my R8 my main guitar. In part, I think there's a certain subversive appeal in playing a Les Paul fairly clean when it's a guitar most commonly associated with overdriven classic rock and blues; I have a bit of a contrarian streak, lol.

This is a song our singer co-wrote back in Nashville about a dozen years ago with the late Larry Wayne Clark. I'm playing straight into my AC10. Given that this is a ballad, I figured my job is to stay out of Katelyn's way as much as possible while adding a bit of color, texture and dynamics as necessary.
    Mission accomplished...
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

"...put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination, the real relation, the underlying theme."
    Neil Peart (September 12, 1952 - January 7, 2020)

Les Paul Forum Member BottleneckSaint's Avatar

Thanks!