• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R8 & AC10: Country Ballad Live In-Studio Performance Video

I appologize for innundating y'all with videos, but we've been busy recording the last two weeks, in part to start booking club and festival gigs around Texas and Oklahoma this spring and summer. I've always been a strat and tele player, but I've decided for my current band, I'm going to make my R8 my main guitar. In part, I think there's a certain subversive appeal in playing a Les Paul fairly clean when it's a guitar most commonly associated with overdriven classic rock and blues; I have a bit of a contrarian streak, lol.

This is a song our singer co-wrote back in Nashville about a dozen years ago with the late Larry Wayne Clark. I'm playing straight into my AC10. Given that this is a ballad, I figured my job is to stay out of Katelyn's way as much as possible while adding a bit of color, texture and dynamics as necessary.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I appologize for innundating y'all with videos, but we've been busy recording the last two weeks, in part to start booking club and festival gigs around Texas and Oklahoma this spring and summer. I've always been a strat and tele player, but I've decided for my current band, I'm going to make my R8 my main guitar. In part, I think there's a certain subversive appeal in playing a Les Paul fairly clean when it's a guitar most commonly associated with overdriven classic rock and blues; I have a bit of a contrarian streak, lol.

This is a song our singer co-wrote back in Nashville about a dozen years ago with the late Larry Wayne Clark. I'm playing straight into my AC10. Given that this is a ballad, I figured my job is to stay out of Katelyn's way as much as possible while adding a bit of color, texture and dynamics as necessary.

Mission accomplished... :salude