• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Silverbust Les Paul Studio

kwest

I bought this used Les Paul Studio online at Guitar Center. It was priced $399 and comes with a case.It was listed as in fair condition because it has had a headstock repair.
Still I thought it was worth taking a chance at that price. I am having it shipped to my local GC so I can try it there first.It is hard to read the serial number but it looks like 2010?

Do you know the specs for this model? What type fretboard wood was used for these or if they came with coil split or coil taps for the pickups?

silver1.png

silver.png

silver4.png

silver3.png

silver5.png

silver2.png

Musicman

Body
Top Species: Maple
Back Species: Mahogany (chambered)

NECK
Species: Mahogany
Profile: 50's Rounded
Head Inlay: Gibson Logo + Les Paul Model

FINGERBOARD
Species: Rosewood
Number of Frets: 22
Nut Width: 1.695"+/-.050"
Inlays: Trapezoid

HARDWARE
Plating Finish: Chrome or Gold
Tailpiece: Gibson Stop Bar
Bridge: Gibson Tune-O-Matic
Knobs: Speed
Tuners: Green Keys

ELECTRONICS
Pickups: 490R / 498T Alnico Magnetic Humbuckers
Neck Pickup: 490R Alnico Magnetic Humbucker
Bridge Pickup: 498T Alnico Magnetic Humbucker
Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way Switch

Big Al

How can you loose? If the neck fix is well done you have a functioning Les Paul for peanuts, even if it has a kitchen appliance finish. If you are handy you can use this as a mod platform. Depending on your skill and ability to learn, you could transform that into a custom one off creation of your dreams, or just upgrade to make a cool player.

Either way, good score.

kwest

Thanks Big Al! I saw photos of another from the same model year 2010 that came from the factory with coil taps hope the one I ordered has them too Chicago Music Exchange

whxxecho4ylvlqtet8ln.jpg

Spindrifter

Did you get it yet? Does it have the coil taps? Great player for next to nothing!

kwest

Did you get it yet? Does it have the coil taps? Great player for next to nothing!

Thanks! I have haven't gotten it yet.It just arrived at my local GC but I am going to let it warm up there until tomorrow because the temperature today is -18F so I must still be frozen solid.

Spindrifter

Holy crap! Yep, let that sucker warm up! I won't complain about our rain and 45F degrees....

kwest

So I go to GC to pick up the guitar today and when we open up the shipping carton there is an Epiphone triangle shaped box inside. I say that can't be it,where is the case? When we open the box the Les Paul is inside but after I look at the headstock repair I tell them I don't want it. It looks like an amateur job so I just cancelled the order and got a refund. What a bringdown!

Wattage

Everytime I see one of those silverbursts I get the jones for one. That is a great score

nhwildbill

So I go to GC to pick up the guitar today and when we open up the shipping carton there is an Epiphone triangle shaped box inside. I say that can't be it,where is the case? When we open the box the Les Paul is inside but after I look at the headstock repair I tell them I don't want it. It looks like an amateur job so I just cancelled the order and got a refund. What a bringdown!

Sorry it didn't work out brother, at least they had that full satisfaction guarantee so no money lost but it does suck to get hopes dashed.

kwest

Thanks man! On the plus side,it did have the coil taps,lol.

Azrael111

Body
Top Species: Maple
Back Species: Mahogany (chambered)

NECK
Species: Mahogany
Profile: 50's Rounded
Head Inlay: Gibson Logo + Les Paul Model
paris airports transfers <o:p></o:p>FINGERBOARD
Species: Rosewood
Number of Frets: 22
Nut Width: 1.695"+/-.050"
Inlays: Trapezoid

HARDWARE
Plating Finish: Chrome or Gold
Tailpiece: Gibson Stop Bar
Bridge: Gibson Tune-O-Matic
Knobs: Speed
Tuners: Green Keys

ELECTRONICS
Pickups: 490R / 498T Alnico Magnetic Humbuckers
Neck Pickup: 490R Alnico Magnetic Humbucker
Bridge Pickup: 498T Alnico Magnetic Humbucker
Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way Switch

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]<svg focusable="false" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24">
</path></svg>

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]<svg focusable="false" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24">
</path></svg>[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

HELLO? We can see very clearly that you are a true connoisseur. thanks for the details

<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]<svg focusable="false" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24">
</path></svg>

</path></svg>[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

HELLO? We can see very clearly that you are a true connoisseur. thanks for the details

</body>