• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NEW MGL AmpWorks MGL50 High Gain Amp Release

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
NEW MGL AmpWorks MGL50 high gain amp head just listed on my site. Amp is a tribute to the great modded Marshall tones of the '80's. Built all in-house.

BUILD SPECS: .090" aluminum chassis w/ welded and ground corners *Custom wound power transformer and choke from Dagnall in the UK *Handwound Merren Audio output transformer * 2 of the caps early in the circuit are NOS mustard caps and really add to the “Marshall” voicing* *Most of the other caps are SoZo *NOS Amphenol power tube sockets *Belton preamp tube sockets w/ gold anodized shields *18 AWG mil spec Teflon insulated wire *1 watt carbon film resistors *Real UK Cliff jacks *Brass shaft CTS pots *ARS filter caps *Metropoulos “Zero Loss” effects loop w/ true bypass switch *NOS tube set with German Siemens EL34 power tubes & original ‘80’s Chinese mil spec 12AX7 preamp tubes *Swanson Cabinet birch head cabs available in 20”, 24” and 26” widths with various tolex colors available at no extra charge.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1ObOGKijaKcezJYumLlFQ/videos target="top" style="color: orange; text-decoration:none"><strong>CLICK for YouTube page</strong></a>

renderit

WOW!

Sounds almost as good as my amp...

Small cabinet
MGL LEADMASTER 20. (I have renamed the SAG QUEEN! )

Keep it going Mark! YOU ROCK!

If you don't have one YOU NEED TO BUY ONE NOW!

He needs to relocate to Battlecreek Michigan and start taking box tops as well.

27776876278_55777ef04c_4k.jpg

40935054804_4f535f27d1_4k.jpg

ourmaninthenorth

First person I thought about reading Mark's OP...

You've been behind these amps since the off Ren.

Thanks for posting Mark, really enjoyed the clips, it sounds bloody huge.

Well played.

:salude