• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

SG Special - Original Collection - Demo

1955Junior

Very nice review - and great playing.

I recently picked-up one of these Specials - as well as one of the new Original Collection cherry red SG Juniors - and they are without a doubt some of the best production guitars that Gibson has made in a long time. I've owned numerous vintage P90 SGs over the years - and both of these guitars stack-up pretty well to the originals. It's nice to see Gibson offering high-quality - great playing and sounding - production guitars at a relatively affordable price. Some of the Custom Historic stuff are not as good as these - IMO.

maplebaby

Very nice review - and great playing.

I recently picked-up one of these Specials - as well as one of the new Original Collection cherry red SG Juniors - and they are without a doubt some of the best production guitars that Gibson has made in a long time. I've owned numerous vintage P90 SGs over the years - and both of these guitars stack-up pretty well to the originals. It's nice to see Gibson offering high-quality - great playing and sounding - production guitars at a relatively affordable price. Some of the Custom Historic stuff are not as good as these - IMO.

congrats on your new guitars! Also, thanks for sharing your impressions and i wholeheartedly agree. Now I've got to look hard at at the SG Junior!

Doc W

Nice playing, Maple. That style of SG was my first pro guitar. It was a cherry red one and I shoulda kept it. These are so much different than the later SGs with humbuckers and tuneomatics. Different guitars altogether. The P90s on that one you are playing overlap with Tele tone to some extent. Great guitar.

Thanks for doing this.

maplebaby

Nice playing, Maple. That style of SG was my first pro guitar. It was a cherry red one and I shoulda kept it. These are so much different than the later SGs with humbuckers and tuneomatics. Different guitars altogether. The P90s on that one you are playing overlap with Tele tone to some extent. Great guitar.

Thanks for doing this.

thank you..i do like the 'snap' of this guitar and i agree it could be a 'tele-ish' guitar for giging as well, with that set neck sustain and fullness.