• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Brown plastic control/switch cavity covers

Dave71

Recently picked up a slightly used ‘19 R6, and am trying to find a brown 3-way switch cavity cover to replace that horrendous medallion cover. Does anyone know of a source for a proper fitting replacement in brown?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Recently picked up a slightly used ‘19 R6, and am trying to find a brown 3-way switch cavity cover to replace that horrendous medallion cover. Does anyone know of a source for a proper fitting replacement in brown?

Try asking Gibson customer service for one. Be sure to tell them you love your guitar. It might help getting it for free. :ganz

I thought the Custom Shop LPs came with two switch cover plates. Mine did. :hmm

Dave71

Try asking Gibson customer service for one. Be sure to tell them you love your guitar. It might help getting it for free. :ganz

I thought the Custom Shop LPs came with two switch cover plates. Mine did. :hmm
I thought the same regarding the extra cover. However, mine was purchased used and even though it had all the other paperwork, it didn’t have the extra cover. And oddly enough, the original owner also removed the brass Gibson plate from the case!