• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

THE Les Paul Wall at Chicago Music Exchange❤️🔥

ourmaninthenorth

Stirring photo.

Hey what are those small Marshall amps in the right foreground?

Couple of reissue mini Silver Jubilee's I reckon Cliff, 2525c?

Fantastic photo David, someone obviously knows how to stage a display in that there emporium.

Well played.

:salude

GotTheSilver

I have been there and seen that wall. It is glorious!!!

I get up to Chicago occasionally on business and try to make it to CME when I can. One time I got to play multiple vintage J45s! Another time multiple vintage ES-335s! I have bought a vintage Marshall amp from CME. The service has always been top notch!

geddy402

Never been to Chicago, but CME is really going to make it jump to the top of my list of vacation spots!

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I have been there and seen that wall. It is glorious!!!

I get up to Chicago occasionally on business and try to make it to CME when I can. One time I got to play multiple vintage J45s! Another time multiple vintage ES-335s! I have bought a vintage Marshall amp from CME. The service has always been top notch!

Thank you so much! Ask for me next time you're at the shop! David A

stephan_l

Hey all,

I just want to say that these comments are seriously warming our hearts over here! Our CEO is humbled, as am I, so I want to do something fun.........if you're one of the ones who responded to this thread, and you're down for it, message me with you name, address and shirt size and I'll send you a CME T. It's not a million dollars but it's a way we want to say thank you to you and the Forum. I'll be at Custom with some teammates in a few weeks to do some more building and will post some footage of the trip! Thank you all sincerely! :yah David A-------Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

I like the honest descriptions of your vintage guitars for sale. Even the smallest change to original state is mentioned, nothing left out. We have a shop here where always "Everything is original" even when the pictures show things are not.

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I like the honest descriptions of your vintage guitars for sale. Even the smallest change to original state is mentioned, nothing left out. We have a shop here where always "Everything is original" even when the pictures show things are not.

Oh yeah, my vintage team is no joke!:) Those guys have been doing it a long time and we're at almost every vintage show across the country so the knowledge runs deep. Plus, no one wants to get a guitar that isn't what its supposed to be! I appreciate the kinds words and will pass this one to them! David A

dju

I'm waiting for ya'll to open a branch down here in Houston.
I'd like to take a look around your store but I have no other reason to go to Chicago.

dj

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I'm waiting for ya'll to open a branch down here in Houston.
I'd like to take a look around your store but I have no other reason to go to Chicago.

dj

We'll 💯 take your weather!:) David A

Jim Scully

Purchased a 60th anniversary 1960 (V3) from David and received it on Friday. I can't put this thing down! The best feel and sounding guitar that I've owned. Gibson has done an amazing job with these. Thanks so much for your help David A!

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Purchased a 60th anniversary 1960 (V3) from David and received it on Friday. I can't put this thing down! The best feel and sounding guitar that I've owned. Gibson has done an amazing job with these. Thanks so much for your help David A!

Jim! You are the man, and YES, your LP is light out! :dude: David A

Grog

I am going to have to visit the store in person some day. I’ve bought four guitars from your store through the years, but by mail. The wall of LP’s would defiantly be worth the trip!

Spindrifter

Bought this Bourbon Burst Les Paul Standard HP from you guys last month on Reverb! Love it... Almost made a trip to Chicago last week, but plans fell through. I'll get to your shop one of these days!

rh6hfwd7mlh2jfgazito.jpgvmrgrnhxiubjvtkfpjwl.jpg

STC

Amazing LP selection, just not able to get that amount of choice in a single shop here in the UK!

...noticed the amps too. Trying one out through one of those mini JCM800s or the silver jubilees - would be very hard not to pull the trigger on a purchase!

Thanks for the post - fun thread! :)

STC

Couple of reissue mini Silver Jubilee's I reckon Cliff, 2525c?

Fantastic photo David, someone obviously knows how to stage a display in that there emporium.

Well played.

:salude

Was going to second that. Also a mini JCM800?

A 2525C is my next amp... when not if :)