The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Replacement basketweave grillcloth

In your experience who makes the most accurate Marshall salt and pepper basketweave replacement cloth now? Seems all I can find is the black/cream color cloth, and it all looks like the same stuff just from different distributors.

Les Paul Forum Member ScumbackSpeakers's Avatar

Re: Replacement basketweave grillcloth

Quote Originally Posted by zoso714 View Post
    In your experience who makes the most accurate Marshall salt and pepper basketweave replacement cloth now? Seems all I can find is the black/cream color cloth, and it all looks like the same stuff just from different distributors.
    Marshall still makes it, distributed by CE Distribution in Arizona. They have a retail portion of their online store, too.

Thanks!
    Does it also not appear a bit of a 'creamy' color instead of white and black or is it just me? Or do you think that is all that is available now? The tear-offs that I have seen of old cabs look much whiter where the staples were than what I'm seeing available online.

I restored an original 68 cab, there are pics of the cloth here. The new stuff looks just like it.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...-heart.214442/

Wow! That was quite a restoration! Turned out beautiful too btw. Love those old cabs.
    And yes, the new basketweave looks spot on. Must be the pictures on the vender websites that make the white appear more of a cream color.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by zoso714 View Post
    Wow! That was quite a restoration! Turned out beautiful too btw. Love those old cabs.
    And yes, the new basketweave looks spot on. Must be the pictures on the vender websites that make the white appear more of a cream color.
    Thanks for the info!
    Thanks. Yeah, I restored about 50-60 cabs total, but it's too time consuming and back breaking for me now. Glad my pics helped you out with the grill cloth color question!

Jim