• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement basketweave grillcloth

zoso714

In your experience who makes the most accurate Marshall salt and pepper basketweave replacement cloth now? Seems all I can find is the black/cream color cloth, and it all looks like the same stuff just from different distributors.

ScumbackSpeakers

In your experience who makes the most accurate Marshall salt and pepper basketweave replacement cloth now? Seems all I can find is the black/cream color cloth, and it all looks like the same stuff just from different distributors.

Marshall still makes it, distributed by CE Distribution in Arizona. They have a retail portion of their online store, too.

zoso714

Thanks!
Does it also not appear a bit of a 'creamy' color instead of white and black or is it just me? Or do you think that is all that is available now? The tear-offs that I have seen of old cabs look much whiter where the staples were than what I'm seeing available online.

zoso714

Wow! That was quite a restoration! Turned out beautiful too btw. Love those old cabs.
And yes, the new basketweave looks spot on. Must be the pictures on the vender websites that make the white appear more of a cream color.
Thanks for the info!

ScumbackSpeakers

Wow! That was quite a restoration! Turned out beautiful too btw. Love those old cabs.
And yes, the new basketweave looks spot on. Must be the pictures on the vender websites that make the white appear more of a cream color.
Thanks for the info!

Thanks. Yeah, I restored about 50-60 cabs total, but it's too time consuming and back breaking for me now. Glad my pics helped you out with the grill cloth color question!

Jim