• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tone help

Hashwagon

I own a twin reverb and a 50’s reissue les Paul. Any ideas on a simple gig rig set up? I’ve been using dual channel overdrives but I never seem to get the proper sounds, especially a good lead tone. I need something that cuts through pretty loud and rocking setting, something smooth but not too gainey. A good singing tone.

brandtkronholm

For leads that cut through the mix, try cranking the mid on your twin and keeping the bass down. Maybe try mid = 7 and bass = 3 and go from there. Your pedal will do the rest.

On my black face Super Reverb, I have the mids at 8 and bass at 2...and the volume locked in at 10! I also keep the bright switch up, but dial it in to your taste.

(I do not recommend putting your Twin’s volume at 10...that’s just nutty loud!)

El Gringo

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS 9 for your leads , and the Fender Twin Cleans for your clean should get the job done .