• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 SG Special Pelham Blue (Original Collection)

maplebaby

Got this from WW Guitars..for the money, or even more IMO, this is a lot of guitar. Very happy with set up, attention to detail, nice dark fingerboard and overall 'vibe'. Love to hear from any other owners.

qsWKIcOl.jpg

Z0PNPkjl.jpg

rwRDdn4l.jpg

bRgfqtsl.jpg

Norton

Looks amazing new and the best part is get's better looking as it ages!

VamboRool

Is anybody old enough to know what 60s Pelham Blue looked like when it was new? How close did Gibson get? I like this color, but am crazy about the Sparking
Burgundy they also come in.

1955Junior

Is anybody old enough to know what 60s Pelham Blue looked like when it was new? How close did Gibson get? I like this color, but am crazy about the Sparking
Burgundy they also come in.

I'm old enough to remember, and believe that that these new production Pelham Blue SG Specials nail the original color pretty close. I bought one of these new Specials, as well as one of the 2019 cherry red SG Juniors - and they are some of the best production instruments that Gibson has made in a very long time. I really like the neck profiles, and both guitars are very resonant. The stock P90s sound "vintage authentic" enough - to me anyway - that I am not compelled to want to upgrade the electronics - unlike some of the Gibson Historics that I've purchased over the years.

maplebaby

I'm old enough to remember, and believe that that these new production Pelham Blue SG Specials nail the original color pretty close. I bought one of these new Specials, as well as one of the 2019 cherry red SG Juniors - and they are some of the best production instruments that Gibson has made in a very long time. I really like the neck profiles, and both guitars are very resonant. The stock P90s sound "vintage authentic" enough - to me anyway - that I am not compelled to want to upgrade the electronics - unlike some of the Gibson Historics that I've purchased over the years.

Congrats on your new guitars and thanks so much for sharing your impression and history with these style guitars...appreciated!

VamboRool

Thanks for the response, I get to hopefully turn 60 this May. Started looking at guitars in about 1976 when the original PBs would have already been about 10 years old. The 1st PB guitar I remember seeing was an ES-335 that Chris' Guitars of Hollywood had in about 1990.

maplebaby

Thanks for the response, I get to hopefully turn 60 this May. Started looking at guitars in about 1976 when the original PBs would have already been about 10 years old. The 1st PB guitar I remember seeing was an ES-335 that Chris' Guitars of Hollywood had in about 1990.

we are of the same 'vintage' our times lines are virtually equal. Thanks for the post and sharing the excitement for these really nice, i think very reasonably priced, new Gibsons.