• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Banker Korina Fullerton

corpse

DjPSoEL.jpg

This poor ugly thing was hanging in Matt's studio of ill-repute. It had been hobbled with a B-Bender which is entirely too much technology for my game.
w9GGf2J.jpg

With the professional players going through Banker lately, it has been handled by some almost household names- Markus King toured with it, and Brent Mattson of Mastidon- who detests all musical things that are regurgitation of prior things- recorded some tracks for their latest album with the B bender on this guitar. That doesn't make it cool- that just makes it extra cool. I had been disparaging the B Bender for some time- he finally removed it. It has some honest wear, and was shop-aged.
Qe9W2I8.jpg

This was the first Korina guitar Matt built- it is SN 36- my second Banker- and is not particularly light weight like his latest stuff is. But is is a tone wood extraordinaire. Just...just...bitchin.
Bp4yHwo.jpg

The neck is birdseye maple. The plastic button tuners are just another part of the eye for detail he has- the pick-guard looks like Bakelite. It might be depleted plutonium.

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

Gorgeous.

I'll wager heavily it sounds the same.

In the finest of Pal....

:salude:salude

corpse

The sound is really wonderful- aggressive, with a very usable neck pick up that blends well with the bridge.
A tele on steroids-- wait- well- really a really good tele.

RocknRollShakeUp

The sound is really wonderful- aggressive, with a very usable neck pick up that blends well with the bridge.

Killer guitar! I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Banker...they even made me start GASing for Explorers and Flying V's.

corpse

I have played several of his Korina guitars including the one just bought by Scott Holiday from Rival Sons. They are masterful works from wood to electronic selection to, esp the finish. For some reason I thought most korina had a protected status but it does not- it is just expensive. But when you get rid of the CEO’s private Gulfstream and the various legal teams the price comes way down. He is now getting large boards so single piece body Explorers and V’s are possible.
Matt is OCD about his stuff. And there are new pick ups. I haven’t heard them yet. You need to play one.

ourmaninthenorth

How would you describe the neck profile mate...is it a big hander?

A hand carved neck by a master of his trade is like a letter from home.

I'm delighted you've got this Jim, I really am.

:salude:salude

corpse

So I am going to use a bad word- I have no fucking idea how he does it.
An LPF member let his 53 Tele live at my house for several months. That is a massive neck. The neck has that same shape without being massive. I have a lot more LP experience than Fender experience. The other thing though though is the feel of the finish- it’s like glass. He didn’t age the neck but he did make it super smooth and polished like it cured but wasn’t dropped against an amp.

ourmaninthenorth

So I am going to use a bad word- I have no fucking idea how he does it.
An LPF member let his 53 Tele live at my house for several months. That is a massive neck. The neck has that same shape without being massive. I have a lot more LP experience than Fender experience. The other thing though though is the feel of the finish- it’s like glass. He didn’t age the neck but he did make it super smooth and polished like it cured but wasn’t dropped against an amp.

Right there with you on the feel of the finish on the neck, glass like is particularly accurate.

Mine too is little short of perfection, a real joy.

Matt is some Luthier.

qNpJ4VY.jpg

e3E5MtI.jpg