• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ES-335 & ES-339 wiring harnesses

Wallaby

Apologies if this has been covered already.

Will a wiring harness for an ES-335 work in an ES-339? I know the pots and switch layout is slightly expanded on an ES-335 compared to an ES-339, and the jack is on the side of the lower bout rather than on the top.

I assume it will work - that I should be able to keep things tidy ( and not visible through the F-hole ) even with the additional lengths involved, but thought i would ask.

Thanks!

renderit

I think it will, there is not a LOT of difference there.

If you are going to rewire though I would suggest doing like Collings does it.

Inline.

Same wiring schematic, but pure genius!

Note how the Bridge hummer is longer and wraps around the back end of the lower F-hole. But it still is 50's wiring.

Just NOTHING crosses the guitar from top to bottom without going down the line and wrapping back for the lower control holes...

42472630320_b4caa02972_4k.jpg

43563579554_513106b7d8_4k.jpg

Wallaby

Yep, thanks Rendent, that's exactly how I do it. IMO it's the correct way :)

It creates sort of a loose "C" shape, with wires traveling around the outer edge, avoid the F-hole area, with everything encased in heat-shrink.