• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tubescreamer history

MeHereNow

Just found and watched this great video about the great little green stomper.

J T

Analogman did a pretty good write up of them in his book "Analog Man's Guide to Vintage Effects"

Last edited:

WytLytnyn

Love 5 watt World....

Also Josh from JHS pedals has a history of the tube screamer as well. As a Blues driver fanatic oh, I took a dive and bought a bonsai not too far back. I have to say that I'm not as big a fan of using a tube screamer with humbuckers as I am with the blues driver. For me, the magic happens when I'm playing a strat type guitar for the tube screamer going into a Fender amp.

https://youtu.be/GKqkJ5uBdIY

garywright

I own #37 on analog mikes list and his description is dead on.

Last edited:

Aloha_Ark

Decisions, decisions. Too much stuff is happening in the overdrive world. There are several competing OD808's including the 40th Anniversary model (V2) as well as designs/mods by Tomura (Apex 808), Keeley, Earthquaker, and Pigtronix. Each one costs $199, with the exception of the Apex 808 which costs a whopping $300. Sure, they're cheaper than an original Ibanez TS808 on ebay, but who has a boatload of money to buy one of each? There is also a time factor involving limited edition production cycles. At the same time, one of the OD pedals mentioned in the video is the one featured on Joe B's store:

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/products/way-huge-doubleland-special-overdrive

I'm ordering that to get Bonamassa's autograph.
I hate being forced into overdrive shopping mode. :##