• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2000 Custom Shop "Sweet Cherry" Info

treyrab

Hi Everyone - I recently bought a Custom Shop 2000 "Sweet Cherry" 1959 Reissue from a friend of mine. I've always been in love with the color, but unfortunately I can't find much information about the run itself. I believe these were custom orders for Vintage World (Ronn David), but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :dude:

49455744538_8cf09272b6_w.jpg

49456216936_94c5579337_w.jpg

49456216961_b0dc78fd5b_w.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8407.jpg
    IMG_8407.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 30

Top Gun

Yes, these early historic Red LP's are rare. I used to own it, beautiful guitar. Enjoy!

IMG_8099.jpg

Red Baron

I believe that particular guitar was originally sold new in Australia (purchased by a friend of mine). I had it for a while on loan and it was a really nice guitar - in hindsight I should have bought it myself when it was offered to me. :salude

El Gringo

Awesome looking Sweet Cherry Les Paul , love the color and the super figure . I can hear Mick singing "what's your favorite flavor ? Cherry Red "

treyrab

I believe that particular guitar was originally sold new in Australia (purchased by a friend of mine). I had it for a while on loan and it was a really nice guitar - in hindsight I should have bought it myself when it was offered to me. :salude

Thanks for the info, very cool that you played this one! Do you know how many of these were made? I can only see one other on Reverb right now, but beyond that my searches came up with nothing! Thanks again!

Red Baron

Thanks for the info, very cool that you played this one! Do you know how many of these were made? I can only see one other on Reverb right now, but beyond that my searches came up with nothing! Thanks again!

I have no idea sorry, but Top Gun owned a few Cherry bursts from that era and purchased yours from my friend here in Australia. I've seen a few later (post 2013) Cherry bursts, especially in Japan.

treyrab

I have no idea sorry, but Top Gun owned a few Cherry bursts from that era and purchased yours from my friend here in Australia. I've seen a few later (post 2013) Cherry bursts, especially in Japan.

Thanks so much to you and Top Gun for the info! I've seen some newer Cherry Bursts too, but they don't look the same color as these older ones.

garywright

my mind usually goes ..hmmm this will look better with this put on...or taken off ..or that color plastic rather than this color ..not on this one ..the only thing Iā€™d change about it ..ownership šŸ˜‰