• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R7 back plate question

doctorvmusic

A quick conundrum about back plates; I recently acquired a 2011 R7 Goldtop with a darkback (a fantastic guitar!) which has the pukey brown switch plate and back cover plate. Not a game breaker but I thought I would replace them with black ones to be a little more visually appealing with the dark back. I ordered a standard Gibson-issue LP back plate replacement, and to my wonder, the screw holes don't line up. Is there something in particular I should be looking for as far as Reissues/Custom Shop LP's, do they have different plates than other models?

Thanks!
Mac

garywright

Mac, contact Dan @ mojoaxe ...you may need to mail him the parts to dup

Dave71

Let me know if you want to unload the pukey brown plastic parts. I'd love to get ahold of the brown switch cover plate to replace the annoying medallion one on my '19 R6.