• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1959 and 1965 Stratocasters

MikeSlub

Administrator
Love them both! :dude:

normal_Strats_59_and_65_a.jpg

jb_abides

Beautiful! Close as I'll get are my 57 and 62 AVRIs. Enjoy them! :salude

P.S. Isn't interesting how Fenders pair well with Gibson amps, and vice versa...

fakejake

Stunning! And both so clean!
Mike, do you have heavily worn vintage guitars as well, or are you seeking out the mint ones?
While Charlie often posts his 'turds' most of your guitars seem to be really well in shape.
Just curious :salude

MikeSlub

Administrator
Stunning! And both so clean!
Mike, do you have heavily worn vintage guitars as well, or are you seeking out the mint ones?
While Charlie often posts his 'turds' most of your guitars seem to be really well in shape.
Just curious :salude
Great question! Not all my guitars are mint, but most are pretty clean.

Ironically, besides some of the aged Custom Shop guitars, the guitar with the most wear in my collection is the 2nd 1959 Burst that I purchased from Vic DaPra. That guitar had a "smiley" crack expert repair and perfect refret - and plays and sounds heavenly.

I'm not into "mutts," but I can understand and appreciate that some folks like Charlie do like them. :hank

marshall1987

Nice Strats Mike! :dude:

Stratocasters are one of my favorite guitars. The ergonomics of the Stratocaster design remain without equal 65+ years later. These guitars are a joy to play, especially when standing and moving around. Leo Fender clearly incorporated player suggestions when finalizing the design. The guitar just molds to the player's body, and guitar and player nearly become one.

J.D.

Looks like two exceptional examples from a great era. I've always preferred the sunburst over custom colors. No two wood grains are the same.

akstrat61

I'm not into "mutts," but I can understand and appreciate that some folks like Charlie do like them. :hank

Mike, you really should rid your collection of that beat up, cracked, parts guitar! I'm thinking that Vic would approve of you sending it my way. :dude::spabout

MikeSlub

Administrator
Mike, you really should rid your collection of that beat up, cracked, parts guitar! I'm thinking that Vic would approve of you sending it my way. :dude::spabout
Mark, always open to reasonable offers! Will require a lot of coffee sales, however! :)

MikeSlub

Administrator
Those are 2 beautiful strats. Although I'm partial to the Leo years....

The 1965 is an L series guitar before the CBS makeover, so it is still "Leo-like". :hank

Stay tuned for another Leo-years Strat in the pipeline.... :jim

deytookerjaabs

The 1965 is an L series guitar before the CBS makeover, so it is still "Leo-like". :hank

Stay tuned for another Leo-years Strat in the pipeline.... :jim

Those are some delicious lookin' strats.

As for Leo-like....CBS was more Leo like than Leo, lol. I mean, if anything, they were conservative in their changes.

This is what Leo was prototyping by '68:

main.php

He was already all-in on split coils and toggle switches with more wiring options etc etc not long after the CBS sale. Wonder what would have actually happen had he stuck at the helm of engineering for Fender. He was not one to reissue anything and even in his very late years Fullerton & Co had to beg him to put out a couple more traditional models at G&L.

sonar

Love it!

One of my all-around favorite Strats was a late veneer board. Less excited about the Sunburst, but she was a player and a half.

J T

Wow! Really nice!
I notice how thinner the burst spray is on the '65. Cool!