• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD: 1964 ES-335

brandtkronholm

The bridge saddles are nearly all the way back - does it play in tune?
Have you re-strung it up with your preferred gauge of strings since receiving it?

It looks great!

fakejake

Thanks!
Yes, the guitar plays perfectly in tune. I could still flip the A and D string saddles if I needed more room for intonation there. The rest is pretty much all the way back, but no intonation issues.
I've strung it up with DAddario balanced tension 11's like all my electrics, it plays absolutely wonderfully.
Now that the 2020 '64 reissues are out, I'm really curious to compare it to one of those!
Cheers :salude

deytookerjaabs

Y8tOSIWh.jpg

T6zmFNnh.jpg

PNhoUxph.jpg

Looks almost identical to mine...only with more original parts, less wear and no covered up toggle switch holes. Other than that...not bad!

Last edited:

fakejake

Looks almost identical to mine...only with more original parts, less wear and no covered up toggle switch holes. Other than that...not bad!

Wow, seriously, how did you manage post my pictures?! :hmm
I followed the instructions step by step and tried dirfferent hosts, but nothing worked.

Also: Now we need pics of yours! :peace2

deytookerjaabs

Wow, seriously, how did you manage post my pictures?! :hmm
I followed the instructions step by step and tried dirfferent hosts, but nothing worked.

Also: Now we need pics of yours! :peace2

Like this:

Xn5sfIol.jpg

JzmtiDsh.jpg

The pickups/pots are actually '61/2 pat# PAFs. The ABR is older too (tarnished gold).

Down the road I might try to get matching/original tuners, stop tail, the right case and either upgrade the toggle switch holes to hot gold rhinestones or have them professionally filled. But, all that would cost as much as a nice new amp, lol, choices!