• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Using Marshall Amps

sonar

you have "the one' early metal super lead! it doesnt get any better! have you heard about the 'power station'?

I love the amp dearly, but it's time for a new home. I'm just not playing music that fits that amp anymore. :dang

dwagar

DSL40CR - I bought this a few months ago as a gig amp. I like the Marshall crunch it has, and I need a clean channel for the odd song. I added the optional 6 button footswitch, really opens up the options.

DSL15C - I found this used one day at my local music store. Great price, like new. A couple of mods, a speaker change, I like it as a home practice amp.

AlvisX

The early 80s 2001 (bottom) was my workhorse for over a decade. It paired with different cabinets over the years and always got the job done. I started to worry about dragging it out to places due to it's rarity and picked up the VBA400 (Top) as a gigging replacement. An equally good amp with a little more flexibility (and easier to carry due to the type of handles)

For studio stuff I've used both a '79 Park combo and a modded Bluesbreaker reissue. They're both great amps on either bass or guitar.

Awesome , I don't think Ive ever seen anyone play a 2001 live before . We don't see too many VBA's in North America either. I almost bought one in England once ,but decided it was too much of a hassle to get back to Switzerland on a plane....

concert410

Had a JCM800 2-12 50 Watt for decades which I had to sell. Now I have a DSL15. It has 1 sound that I like. I think that 1 sound is awesome, but the amp is definitely 1 dimensional. I use it as a home practice amp.

Brian Krashpad

48788457031_40f4fe2dba_b.jpg

From top:

Marshall 5002 (UK '80's) 20W 1x10

Marshall 5275 (UK '80's) 75W 1x12

Marshall 5210 (UK '80's) 50W 1x12

Marshall 5213 (UK '80's) 100W 2x12

El Gringo

2 Marshall 2555X amp heads into 2 Marshall 2551 AV cabs with Vintage 30 speakers

El Marin

I sold my Twin Reverb and Bassman 59 and got two Origin 50... one combo and one head... Love them

KVfRgTT.jpg

W8XUElf.jpg

And don't forget the Marshalito!!!!

Brian Krashpad

I sold my Twin Reverb and Bassman 59 and got two Origin 50... one combo and one head... Love them

KVfRgTT.jpg

W8XUElf.jpg

And don't forget the Marshalito!!!!

¡Delicioso! Y con el Elvisito del Sagrado Corazón. Excelente.

I have been going back and forth between the Origin 50 head and the DSL 40 combo. But as with all things Krashpadian, it will come down to whatever shows up used for the best price locally. :pwink

El Marin

¡Delicioso! Y con el Elvisito del Sagrado Corazón. Excelente.

I have been going back and forth between the Origin 50 head and the DSL 40 combo. But as with all things Krashpadian, it will come down to whatever shows up used for the best price locally. :pwink

Well I have played both.... If you are more into High Gain, choose the DSL. If you are more into Classic Rock, Rockabilly or that things, choose the Origin.

NEvertheless, I would choose the Origin in both cases (Actually I have TWO!!). The Origin can go to a DSL with a pedal but not the opposite.