• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 LP Classic - Pickup covers

unknownfan

2019 LP Classic - Pickup covers *UPDATE*

*Finally got a chance to measure the and got 49.1mm which makes it a standard width*

Sorry if this is redundant - but after using search function here and on Google, I cant find a definitive answer.
I am wanting to put covers on the 61 Zebras in my 2019 LP Classic, but am unsure if thy require F-spaced or regular.
Can anyone tell me which to get? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Dale O

Per Gibson specs the bridge would need an F spaced cover. You can always measure from center of pole screws e to e. Neck should be 50 mm, bridge would be either 50 mm or 53 mm for F spaced.

unknownfan

Per Gibson specs the bridge would need an F spaced cover. You can always measure from center of pole screws e to e. Neck should be 50 mm, bridge would be either 50 mm or 53 mm for F spaced.

Tnanks a bunch!

Big Al

Aren't the 61 Zebra pups a hot vintage pat # varient and as such retain the same vintage pole spacing for both, ala 57 Classic, BB, CC and Memphis pups? IDK, but am wondering about this.

Classic

I’m confused? Why would a standard bridge humbucker require an F spaced cover? Gibson’s are 50mm aren’t they as opposed to 53?

Dale O

Aren't the 61 Zebra pups a hot vintage pat # varient and as such retain the same vintage pole spacing for both, ala 57 Classic, BB, CC and Memphis pups? IDK, but am wondering about this.

I was told that a Gibson pickup model number that ends with a T is trem spaced, that the T isn't in reference to treble position. Always best to measure though.

unknownfan

I was told that a Gibson pickup model number that ends with a T is trem spaced, that the T isn't in reference to treble position. Always best to measure though.

Just updated the op, measured and got a 49.1mm, so looks to be std spacing on the bridge and of course the neck. Thanks for all the help!

Big Al

WTF!!:bigal You were told?? Well, that's it then. :teeth 'Cept you were told wrong. T = Treble, R = Rhythm, like the switch ring/poker chip says, 'cause Gibson doesn't use Fender Tremolo Bridges.:ha "Per Gibson spec's the bridge would need a F space cover." Is a T the spec you refer?

Seriously though, some non vintage humbuckers have wider bridge pole spacing to place poles of both pickups under the strings. It has caused confusion.

Last edited: