• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

rdude1

I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me. The guitar showed up in an attempted Facebook Negotiation 2 years ago. I was contacted about the guitar and offered it back for a fee of 75k. Over a year of time and a number of phone calls later “The Burst” has yet to find its way home. I love the 1960 LP’s that begin with number 00... 0 0201
fyi
Tobacco Faded, Double Cream PAF’s, No Covers - Killer Guitar. It has/had a Buddy Guy Autograph on the top just below the tailpiece.
0 0201
Please keep an eye open, the guitar is still out in the great wide open looking for it’s owner!
All help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

brandtkronholm

It's on the 'Burst Serial website...

http://www.burstserial.com/picture.php?/10555/category/1255

0_0201-03.jpg

hogy

Sorry about your misfortune, but...

you had Buddy Guy scribble on a real burst? Couldn't find a Strat pickguard?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me.

When was it stolen?
From where?
Was it reported to the police? If so, what police department and what's the case number?
When did this Facebook sighting happen?
:hmm

rdude1

Sorry about your misfortune, but...

you had Buddy Guy scribble on a real burst? Couldn't find a Strat pickguard?

Really? I had Biddy Guy sigh my Burst!?! Don’t think so - it was somewhere in between the thief, someone not to wise, and me, the owner. It appears wisdom is in short supply these days.
C’Mon

me

rdude1

When was it stolen?
From where?
Was it reported to the police? If so, what police department and what's the case number?
When did this Facebook sighting happen?
:hmm

Chicago, IL
yes, reported to the police and FBI.
Facebook negotiation about a year ago. I’d post it but there’s names involved and the ongoing investigation.
Police Dept, Henderson, NV - Las Vegas, NV and Chicago IL
Last Place spotted and new pictures taken; Henderson, NV
A screenshot manuscript of the actual Facebook negotiation available privately Tom.
Phone calls originating from Henderson NV in regards to all negotiations and fee to get the guitar back.
And dig this, the guy once threatened me that if I made trouble he’d throw the guitar into a wood chucker -
Nice People hey Tom. Since remaining silent has not helped I’m finally allowed to go public. What better place for a burst collector to do so other than right here on The LP Forum.
Thank you,
me

marshall1987

Chicago, IL
yes, reported to the police and FBI.
Facebook negotiation about a year ago. I’d post it but there’s names involved and the ongoing investigation.
Police Dept, Henderson, NV - Las Vegas, NV and Chicago IL
Last Place spotted and new pictures taken; Henderson, NV
A screenshot manuscript of the actual Facebook negotiation available privately Tom.
Phone calls originating from Henderson NV in regards to all negotiations and fee to get the guitar back.
And dig this, the guy once threatened me that if I made trouble he’d throw the guitar into a wood chucker -

Nice People hey Tom. Since remaining silent has not helped I’m finally allowed to go public. What better place for a burst collector to do so other than right here on The LP Forum.
Thank you,
me

This might constitute extortion....:dang

F-Hole

The holder won't be hard to trace via Facebook.

Find out whether, given his knowledge of the guitar being stolen, a constructive trust of some sort has been created. Then it's for the courts to determine ownership.

akstrat61

Maybe you could contact Buddy? I'm sure he would recall signing a Burst!:bigal

Maybe you could get some info about posting the guitar on burstserial? Who would be dumb enough to post a stolen guitar? You might trace it back from there?

Just thoughts? Good luck!

marfen

I sure hope you get it back. Signature should come off. Doesn't look anything like the signature Buddy did on the strat pickguard I asked him to sign (but then he was in a hurry).

Maybe you could contact Buddy? I'm sure he would recall signing a Burst!:bigal

Maybe you could get some info about posting the guitar on burstserial? Who would be dumb enough to post a stolen guitar? You might trace it back from there?

Just thoughts? Good luck!

Seems like the FBI would be able to track the IP Address for that facebook post? There's a special place in hell for someone that steals your guitar, defaces it, and then wants you to sell you your own guitar back.

El Gringo

Good Luck and I hope the authorities help you get your Burst back and the thief prosecuted for theft and extortion !

BoomGuru

I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me. The guitar showed up in an attempted Facebook Negotiation 2 years ago. I was contacted about the guitar and offered it back for a fee of 75k. Over a year of time and a number of phone calls later “The Burst” has yet to find its way home. I love the 1960 LP’s that begin with number 00... 0 0201
fyi
Tobacco Faded, Double Cream PAF’s, No Covers - Killer Guitar. It has/had a Buddy Guy Autograph on the top just below the tailpiece.
0 0201
Please keep an eye open, the guitar is still out in the great wide open looking for it’s owner!

Been following your recent posts on instagram Frankie... I hope someone on the LP forum can get her back to you :salude

goldtop0

All the best with a recovery and it's good that you've made your plight known here......Buddy would remember if he signed a 'burst' or not.