The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me. The guitar showed up in an attempted Facebook Negotiation 2 years ago. I was contacted about the guitar and offered it back for a fee of 75k. Over a year of time and a number of phone calls later “The Burst” has yet to find its way home. I love the 1960 LP’s that begin with number 00... 0 0201
    fyi
    1960
    Tobacco Faded, Double Cream PAF’s, No Covers - Killer Guitar. It has/had a Buddy Guy Autograph on the top just below the tailpiece.
    0 0201
    Please keep an eye open, the guitar is still out in the great wide open looking for it’s owner!
    All help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by rdude1; 01-25-20 at 01:13 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    It's on the 'Burst Serial website...

    http://www.burstserial.com/picture.p.../category/1255


  3. #3

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    [QUOTE=brandtkronholm;2851468]It's on the 'Burst Serial website...

    http://www.burstserial.com/picture.p.../category/1255

    I want the guitar back. I wonder who’s bench it’s sitting in and who took these photos. That’s not me or my techs desk? There’s a lead..

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member hogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    692

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Sorry about your misfortune, but...

    you had Buddy Guy scribble on a real burst? Couldn't find a Strat pickguard?

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    42,519

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdude1 View Post
    I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me.

    All help greatly appreciated.
    When was it stolen?
    From where?
    Was it reported to the police? If so, what police department and what's the case number?
    When did this Facebook sighting happen?
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  6. #6

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by hogy View Post
    Sorry about your misfortune, but...

    you had Buddy Guy scribble on a real burst? Couldn't find a Strat pickguard?
    .

    Really? I had Biddy Guy sigh my Burst!?! Don’t think so - it was somewhere in between the thief, someone not to wise, and me, the owner. It appears wisdom is in short supply these days.
    C’Mon

    me

  7. #7

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    When was it stolen?
    From where?
    Was it reported to the police? If so, what police department and what's the case number?
    When did this Facebook sighting happen?
    Chicago, IL
    yes, reported to the police and FBI.
    Facebook negotiation about a year ago. I’d post it but there’s names involved and the ongoing investigation.
    Police Dept, Henderson, NV - Las Vegas, NV and Chicago IL
    Last Place spotted and new pictures taken; Henderson, NV
    A screenshot manuscript of the actual Facebook negotiation available privately Tom.
    Phone calls originating from Henderson NV in regards to all negotiations and fee to get the guitar back.
    And dig this, the guy once threatened me that if I made trouble he’d throw the guitar into a wood chucker -
    Nice People hey Tom. Since remaining silent has not helped I’m finally allowed to go public. What better place for a burst collector to do so other than right here on The LP Forum.
    Thank you,
    me

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member marshall1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Feuding With "Devil Anse" Hatfield on the Tug Fork
    Posts
    3,002

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdude1 View Post
    Chicago, IL
    yes, reported to the police and FBI.
    Facebook negotiation about a year ago. I’d post it but there’s names involved and the ongoing investigation.
    Police Dept, Henderson, NV - Las Vegas, NV and Chicago IL
    Last Place spotted and new pictures taken; Henderson, NV
    A screenshot manuscript of the actual Facebook negotiation available privately Tom.
    Phone calls originating from Henderson NV in regards to all negotiations and fee to get the guitar back.
    And dig this, the guy once threatened me that if I made trouble he’d throw the guitar into a wood chucker -

    Nice People hey Tom. Since remaining silent has not helped I’m finally allowed to go public. What better place for a burst collector to do so other than right here on The LP Forum.
    Thank you,
    me
    This might constitute extortion....
    "Scan not a friend under a microscopic glass; you know his faults so let his foibles pass".

    Sir Frank Crisp
    Friar Park
    London, England

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,030

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    The holder won't be hard to trace via Facebook.

    Find out whether, given his knowledge of the guitar being stolen, a constructive trust of some sort has been created. Then it's for the courts to determine ownership.
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  10. #10

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Maybe you could contact Buddy? I'm sure he would recall signing a Burst!

    Maybe you could get some info about posting the guitar on burstserial? Who would be dumb enough to post a stolen guitar? You might trace it back from there?

    Just thoughts? Good luck!
    Game on!

  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    323

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    I sure hope you get it back. Signature should come off. Doesn't look anything like the signature Buddy did on the strat pickguard I asked him to sign (but then he was in a hurry).

  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    37

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by akstrat61 View Post
    Maybe you could contact Buddy? I'm sure he would recall signing a Burst!

    Maybe you could get some info about posting the guitar on burstserial? Who would be dumb enough to post a stolen guitar? You might trace it back from there?

    Just thoughts? Good luck!
    Seems like the FBI would be able to track the IP Address for that facebook post? There's a special place in hell for someone that steals your guitar, defaces it, and then wants you to sell you your own guitar back.

  13. #13

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    .
    Last edited by garywright; 01-29-20 at 05:43 AM. Reason: did not see above pic

  14. #14
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Shakedown Street
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Good Luck and I hope the authorities help you get your Burst back and the thief prosecuted for theft and extortion !

  15. #15

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdude1 View Post
    I had a super 1960 Burst, early in the year with all 59’ Attributes, stolen from me. The guitar showed up in an attempted Facebook Negotiation 2 years ago. I was contacted about the guitar and offered it back for a fee of 75k. Over a year of time and a number of phone calls later “The Burst” has yet to find its way home. I love the 1960 LP’s that begin with number 00... 0 0201
    fyi
    1960
    Tobacco Faded, Double Cream PAF’s, No Covers - Killer Guitar. It has/had a Buddy Guy Autograph on the top just below the tailpiece.
    0 0201
    Please keep an eye open, the guitar is still out in the great wide open looking for it’s owner!
    All help greatly appreciated.
    Been following your recent posts on instagram Frankie... I hope someone on the LP forum can get her back to you

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    42,519

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Good Luck and I hope the authorities help you get your Burst back and the thief prosecuted for theft and extortion !
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomGuru View Post
    Been following your recent posts on instagram Frankie... I hope someone on the LP forum can get her back to you
    We will all have to keep our eyes and ears out for any leads.
    Pauls to the walls!

    Hüter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  17. #17
    Les Paul Forum Member Bloodspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Morrow, OH
    Posts
    166

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    I hope you get it back, Frankie. Guitar thieves are the worst.

  18. #18
    Les Paul Forum Member goldtop0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the end of the Long White Cloud
    Posts
    7,520

    Re: Stolen Burst - 1960, How do you hide a Burst signed by Buddy Guy?

    All the best with a recovery and it's good that you've made your plight known here......Buddy would remember if he signed a 'burst' or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!



i