• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Need Epiphone Pickup Replacement Ideas.

Peter_Pav

I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul. Its very light and Acoustically bright sounding (which I like). When I record with it, it doesn't seem to pick up the high E and B string that clearly, I don't think its the setup because it doesn't happen with my Strat. Could it be that the Epiphone pickups are not that good ? I bought it because I wanted something with Humbuckers to record chunkier tones with. Any suggestions ???

Bsinger2607

Have you tried adjusting your pickup height? You can either adjust the height of the pole on the pickup for the individual strings or you could raise the height of the entire pickup on that side.

Big Al

I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul. Its very light and Acoustically bright sounding (which I like). When I record with it, it doesn't seem to pick up the high E and B string that clearly, I don't think its the setup because it doesn't happen with my Strat. Could it be that the Epiphone pickups are not that good ? I bought it because I wanted something with Humbuckers to record chunkier tones with. Any suggestions ???

Guitar setup. Maybe the saddles too deep, maybe pickup polepiece. Maybe cause it's humbucker not strat.