• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kirk Hammett podcast TONS of Greeny, Burst, Collector talk

dleake

Dean is a great interviewer. Everyone should check out his podcasts. Some interesting revelations to me in this interview - Kirk paid less than 500k for Greeny. Kirk currently owns 12 (Twelve!!) bursts. He talks at a bit of length about an east coast MEGA collector with over 100 bursts that is now starting to slowly sell them off. Kirk just purchased a 60 burst from that collection. And he talks about recently bringing Greeny to visit Peter Green. Really good guitar and burst talk!

CatManDoo88

I assume the East Coast Mega Collector is Dirk Ziff? I assume there are not enough Bursts in circulation for multiple people to have collections of that ridiculous size?

F-Hole

It's funny how memories work.........Kirk starts with a discussion of when he bought Greeny, and mentions using a Vox AC30 to play through. It wasn't an AC15, it was a 1967 Marshall 18w 1974. I know as it was my amp and I was in the room. Still have it too. In fact, I still have a vid of him hitting the first chord on it.

ourmaninthenorth

It's funny how memories work.........Kirk starts with a discussion of when he bought Greeny, and mentions using a Vox AC30 to play through. It wasn't an AC15, it was a 1967 Marshall 18w 1974. I know as it was my amp and I was in the room. Still have it too. In fact, I still have a vid of him hitting the first chord on it.

I've got a picture somewhere of you with that 18 watter, holding Greeny, in the hotel room on the very day in question.

marfen

WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT!!! Read he wanted the amp too! Would love to hear that amp! It's really cool to hear how much that guitar means to him. I appreciated hearing him play Greeny live a couple of yrs ago and you really can hear how great that guitar sounds compared to his other hot rods he plays.

sws1

That explains why he also forgot that he paid $2M for Greeny. At least according to the arbiters on the Internet. :laugh2:

F-Hole

At least according to the arbiters on the Internet. :laugh2:

There were three people in the room......two of those posted on here that the price was waaaaaaayyyy below $2mm, but would they listen?

I'd post the actual price, but it's just wasn't my information to share.

goldtop0

WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT!!! Read he wanted the amp too! Would love to hear that amp! It's really cool to hear how much that guitar means to him. I appreciated hearing him play Greeny live a couple of yrs ago and you really can hear how great that guitar sounds compared to his other hot rods he plays.

Here's a vid with the 18 watters etc in it.......enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SLOu6Kvw8hg