• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

60th Anniversary 1960 Custom Shop LP's are in! 🔥

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
Hey all,

Walked in this morning to find these two as well as others hanging out! Message me with questions! Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

<script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]

wulfthar

I would be interested in seeing the V3.

Do I have to take that for this year we won't see a Custom '60 with V3 neck and three pickups?

wulfthar

What does V2 and V3 stand for?

10 years ago there were three different variants of the 1960, early, mid and late year specs : the V1 is like the 1959, the V3 has the slim taper neck, reflectors´knobs and double ring klusons, V2 was half way (mid year).

Now it appears they also choose different colors, including the infamous non fading "tomato soup" for V3.

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I would be interested in seeing the V3.

Do I have to take that for this year we won't see a Custom '60 with V3 neck and three pickups?

This is the Washed Bourbon Burst with a V3 neck measuring .81 at the 1st and .88 at the 12th. A custom 60 with a V3 neck and 3 pickups sounds more like a M2M build to me but could likely be done! David A----Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

sws1

Wonder why they chose reflectors for V2. The original guitars that map to V2 had the regular knobs.

wulfthar

Wonder why they chose reflectors for V2. The original guitars that map to V2 had the regular knobs.

If we take 0 7070 as "mid year" (there is a huge gap between the serial numbers on Burst, probably between 0 2XXX and 07XXX they mostly built Juniors, Specials and Customs) it has reflectors:

0_7070-01-me.jpg

I assume for "late specs" with bourbon burst finish we might take as template 0 11495, the last Les Paul Standard built:

011495-02.jpg

It appears the so called "tomato burst" when exposed to a lot of UV instead of fading it turned brownish.

This is the Washed Bourbon Burst with a V3 neck measuring .81 at the 1st and .88 at the 12th. A custom 60 with a V3 neck and 3 pickups sounds more like a M2M build to me but could likely be done! David A----Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

That Bourbon burst is beautiful but unfortunately not being located to the US purchasing from you would be extremely expensive due to shipping and custom fees. Still if I had the opportunity I´d think about it...and I was interested in the Custom as for the 50th anniversary they made it and also because I just bought a R0 which is great. I definitely prefer the 1960 models generally speaking because I am a player more than a collector.

El Gringo

Gibson Custom is knocking out of the park in a really excellent fashion and quality . Good times to be a Gibson Custom Fan for sure !

sws1

If we take 0 7070 as "mid year" (there is a huge gap between the serial numbers on Burst, probably between 0 2XXX and 07XXX they mostly built Juniors, Specials and Customs) it has reflectors:

The "mid" year neck size starts around 0-1400 and goes until about 0 7000 when tomato soup started. (With probably a few stragglers on either end.) Knobs and paint colors are pretty consistent within those ranges.

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor

0_7070-01-me.jpg

I assume for "late specs" with bourbon burst finish we might take as template 0 11495, the last Les Paul Standard built:

011495-02.jpg

It appears the so called "tomato burst" when exposed to a lot of UV instead of fading it turned brownish.

That Bourbon burst is beautiful but unfortunately not being located to the US purchasing from you would be extremely expensive due to shipping and custom fees. Still if I had the opportunity I´d think about it...and I was interested in the Custom as for the 50th anniversary they made it and also because I just bought a R0 which is great. I definitely prefer the 1960 models generally speaking because I am a player more than a collector.

Message me: Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

Thunder Dump

David, any word on if the Gibson Custom Shop is going to offer more than two colors during the year for each of the V1/V2/V3 variants? For the 60th '59s they had 10 colors. I realize there is M2M but I just wanted to know if you heard they were doing more colors or are these six it?

CMExchange

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
David, any word on if the Gibson Custom Shop is going to offer more than two colors during the year for each of the V1/V2/V3 variants? For the 60th '59s they had 10 colors. I realize there is M2M but I just wanted to know if you heard they were doing more colors or are these six it?

REALLY great question here! When I met with them the answer is no. What is being offered is all there is in an effort to keep things streamlined and production up to speed. As you rightfully mentioned, there is always M2M, but as far as "stock" offerings, they are keeping it pretty simple. Great question! And for you, and all LPF members as you all know, if you need something through M2M, I'm here for you if you need some help👊 David A-----davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

Thunder Dump

REALLY great question here! When I met with them the answer is no. What is being offered is all there is in an effort to keep things streamlined and production up to speed. As you rightfully mentioned, there is always M2M, but as far as "stock" offerings, they are keeping it pretty simple. Great question! And for you, and all LPF members as you all know, if you need something through M2M, I'm here for you if you need some help👊 David A-----davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

Thanks David.....I appreciate the info.

PeteNJ75

Do you (or anyone here) know what the exact 6 finishes they'll be offering are for each of the 3 versions? So far I've seen "tomato soup" "washed bourbon" "orange lemon fade" "deep cherry sunburst" and "wide tomato burst" - but that's 5, so there seems to be one missing. Just curious, I think they all look pretty great so far, especially the washed bourbon (I'm a sucker for dark bursts).

Thanks!

jdm66

Do you (or anyone here) know what the exact 6 finishes they'll be offering are for each of the 3 versions? So far I've seen "tomato soup" "washed bourbon" "orange lemon fade" "deep cherry sunburst" and "wide tomato burst" - but that's 5, so there seems to be one missing. Just curious, I think they all look pretty great so far, especially the washed bourbon (I'm a sucker for dark bursts).

Thanks!

Antiquity is the 6th color.