NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Sponsor CMExchange's Avatar

60th Anniversary 1960 Custom Shop LP's are in! 🔥

Hey all,

Walked in this morning to find these two as well as others hanging out! Message me with questions! Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

[/IMG]
    Chicago Music Exchange
    3316 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago IL 60657

888.686.7872 | chicagomusicexchange.com

Les Paul Forum Member CatManDoo88's Avatar

Re: 60th Anniversary 1960 Custom Shop LP's are in! 🔥

I assume those are the V2s given the knobs. What colours are they?

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo88 View Post
    I assume those are the V2s given the knobs. What colours are they?
    Yep, these are both V2's though I have a Washed Bourbon Burst V3 in......The first one is Orange Lemon Fade and the second is Tomato Soup Burst David A---davida@chicagomusicexchange.com
    Last edited by CMExchange; 01-20-20 at 10:48 AM.
    Chicago Music Exchange

I would be interested in seeing the V3.

Do I have to take that for this year we won't see a Custom '60 with V3 neck and three pickups?

What does V2 and V3 stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by lare65 View Post
    10 years ago there were three different variants of the 1960, early, mid and late year specs : the V1 is like the 1959, the V3 has the slim taper neck, reflectors´knobs and double ring klusons, V2 was half way (mid year).

Now it appears they also choose different colors, including the infamous non fading "tomato soup" for V3.

Quote Originally Posted by wulfthar View Post
    I would be interested in seeing the V3.

Do I have to take that for this year we won't see a Custom '60 with V3 neck and three pickups?
    This is the Washed Bourbon Burst with a V3 neck measuring .81 at the 1st and .88 at the 12th. A custom 60 with a V3 neck and 3 pickups sounds more like a M2M build to me but could likely be done! David A----Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

Chicago Music Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by lare65 View Post
    Version....there are 3 versions of the 60th neck profile being offered this year V1, V2, V3 ---David A
    Chicago Music Exchange

Wonder why they chose reflectors for V2. The original guitars that map to V2 had the regular knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by sws1 View Post
    Wonder why they chose reflectors for V2. The original guitars that map to V2 had the regular knobs.
    If we take 0 7070 as "mid year" (there is a huge gap between the serial numbers on Burst, probably between 0 2XXX and 07XXX they mostly built Juniors, Specials and Customs) it has reflectors:

I assume for "late specs" with bourbon burst finish we might take as template 0 11495, the last Les Paul Standard built:

It appears the so called "tomato burst" when exposed to a lot of UV instead of fading it turned brownish.

Quote Originally Posted by CMExchange View Post
    This is the Washed Bourbon Burst with a V3 neck measuring .81 at the 1st and .88 at the 12th. A custom 60 with a V3 neck and 3 pickups sounds more like a M2M build to me but could likely be done! David A----Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com

That Bourbon burst is beautiful but unfortunately not being located to the US purchasing from you would be extremely expensive due to shipping and custom fees. Still if I had the opportunity I´d think about it...and I was interested in the Custom as for the 50th anniversary they made it and also because I just bought a R0 which is great. I definitely prefer the 1960 models generally speaking because I am a player more than a collector.

Les Paul Forum Member

Gibson Custom is knocking out of the park in a really excellent fashion and quality . Good times to be a Gibson Custom Fan for sure !

If we take 0 7070 as "mid year" (there is a huge gap between the serial numbers on Burst, probably between 0 2XXX and 07XXX they mostly built Juniors, Specials and Customs) it has reflectors:
    The "mid" year neck size starts around 0-1400 and goes until about 0 7000 when tomato soup started. (With probably a few stragglers on either end.) Knobs and paint colors are pretty consistent within those ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Gibson Custom is knocking out of the park in a really excellent fashion and quality . Good times to be a Gibson Custom Fan for sure !
    💯 !! David A
    Chicago Music Exchange

I assume for "late specs" with bourbon burst finish we might take as template 0 11495, the last Les Paul Standard built:

It appears the so called "tomato burst" when exposed to a lot of UV instead of fading it turned brownish.

That Bourbon burst is beautiful but unfortunately not being located to the US purchasing from you would be extremely expensive due to shipping and custom fees. Still if I had the opportunity I´d think about it...and I was interested in the Custom as for the 50th anniversary they made it and also because I just bought a R0 which is great. I definitely prefer the 1960 models generally speaking because I am a player more than a collector.
    Message me: Davida@chicagomusicexchange.com
    Chicago Music Exchange

Les Paul Forum Member Thunder Dump's Avatar

David, any word on if the Gibson Custom Shop is going to offer more than two colors during the year for each of the V1/V2/V3 variants? For the 60th '59s they had 10 colors. I realize there is M2M but I just wanted to know if you heard they were doing more colors or are these six it?
    '19 60th Anniversary R9 VOS / '17 CME Standard Historic / '17 MZ M2M Roasted Custom / '16 Custom Pro
    '15 True Historic 1960 / '14 R0 / '14 Custom / '14 Custom / '13 R0 VOS / '12 Standard / '11 Custom Pro
    '11 Custom Pro / '11 R0 VOS / '11 Classic Custom / '11 Custom / '10 Traditional Pro / '10 R0 VOS
    '10 WW 50th Anniversary R0 VOS / '08 G0 VOS / '07 Standard LE / '07 Classic Custom / '07 Classic Antique
    '07 CCM R0 VOS / '06 G0 VOS / '00 Classic / '97 Elegant / '90 Custom Limited Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
    David, any word on if the Gibson Custom Shop is going to offer more than two colors during the year for each of the V1/V2/V3 variants? For the 60th '59s they had 10 colors. I realize there is M2M but I just wanted to know if you heard they were doing more colors or are these six it?
    REALLY great question here! When I met with them the answer is no. What is being offered is all there is in an effort to keep things streamlined and production up to speed. As you rightfully mentioned, there is always M2M, but as far as "stock" offerings, they are keeping it pretty simple. Great question! And for you, and all LPF members as you all know, if you need something through M2M, I'm here for you if you need some help👊 David A-----davida@chicagomusicexchange.com
    Chicago Music Exchange

Les Paul Forum Member Thunder Dump's Avatar

REALLY great question here! When I met with them the answer is no. What is being offered is all there is in an effort to keep things streamlined and production up to speed. As you rightfully mentioned, there is always M2M, but as far as "stock" offerings, they are keeping it pretty simple. Great question! And for you, and all LPF members as you all know, if you need something through M2M, I'm here for you if you need some help👊 David A-----davida@chicagomusicexchange.com
    Thanks David.....I appreciate the info.
    '19 60th Anniversary R9 VOS / '17 CME Standard Historic / '17 MZ M2M Roasted Custom / '16 Custom Pro
    '15 True Historic 1960 / '14 R0 / '14 Custom / '14 Custom / '13 R0 VOS / '12 Standard / '11 Custom Pro
    '11 Custom Pro / '11 R0 VOS / '11 Classic Custom / '11 Custom / '10 Traditional Pro / '10 R0 VOS
    '10 WW 50th Anniversary R0 VOS / '08 G0 VOS / '07 Standard LE / '07 Classic Custom / '07 Classic Antique
    '07 CCM R0 VOS / '06 G0 VOS / '00 Classic / '97 Elegant / '90 Custom Limited Colors

Les Paul Forum Member

Do you (or anyone here) know what the exact 6 finishes they'll be offering are for each of the 3 versions? So far I've seen "tomato soup" "washed bourbon" "orange lemon fade" "deep cherry sunburst" and "wide tomato burst" - but that's 5, so there seems to be one missing. Just curious, I think they all look pretty great so far, especially the washed bourbon (I'm a sucker for dark bursts).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteNJ75 View Post
    Do you (or anyone here) know what the exact 6 finishes they'll be offering are for each of the 3 versions? So far I've seen "tomato soup" "washed bourbon" "orange lemon fade" "deep cherry sunburst" and "wide tomato burst" - but that's 5, so there seems to be one missing. Just curious, I think they all look pretty great so far, especially the washed bourbon (I'm a sucker for dark bursts).

Thanks!
    Antiquity is the 6th color.