• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any thoughts???

guitplayer

Before i take this amp to the doc. I wanted to run it passed some guys since its is so strange.
I have 2 carvin nomad heads .One sounds a little better than the other so I needed the better
one in the head version. I swapped them out . One has a reverb tank the other is digital reverb.
I playde thru after the swap evrything is fine. I tried the head with the reverb tank plugs unplugged the next
day and it lost most power and sounds distorted. I guess my question is would any damage
be done to that amp playing without the tank hooked up and plugs inside box? thanks in advance

Wally

I would suggest plugging the tank back in to see what happens. If function is restored, then it would seem that the design wants to see that circuit ‘complete’ in some basic way.