NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Thread: Pickup dates?

Les Paul Forum Member

Pickup dates?

Hi,
    Iíve recently bought a telecaster and Lately Iíve been curious to know if it has the original puís or if these have been changed. Is there anyway to determine the year of production of the pickups without unsoldering them or is that the only way to check this out?
    A local guitar shop offers the service as I donít have an ohm meter, but charges 150$ for such a checkup, so if thereís anyway I can check myself any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Torben

Re: Pickup dates?

Quote Originally Posted by joeperry View Post
    Hi,
    I’ve recently bought a telecaster mycfavisit and Lately I’ve been curious to know if it has the original pu’s or if these have been changed. Is there anyway to determine the year of production of the pickups without unsoldering them or is that the only way to check this out?
    A local guitar shop tellgamestop offers the service as I don’t have an ohm meter, but charges 150$ for such a checkup, so if there’s anyway I can check myself any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Torben
    I will advise you to go to the local shop if the guy there is really a professional. Don't compromise with a quality guitar for money.
    Last edited by Elliesh7; 03-07-20 at 04:29 PM.

In the Zone/Backstage Pass

Re: Pickup dates?

Torben, if you can, please be more specific. 90%+ of parts identification starts with the guitar itself: when was it made, what model (there were a LOT of Tele models !), any important info, pics, etc...