• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New guy here with a couple LPs

Spindrifter

I hope this is the right section...
here are my LPs. A 2017 LP Standard HP and a 2018 Standard HP.
looking forward to contribute what I can to the board.
68AAC8FA-F010-4D30-BB4C-74D3FA6D0565.jpg

Big Al

Welcome, nice brace of Standards. What do you amplify with? You've entered the danger zone my brother!:laugh2: This place promotes G.A.S. in a major way. :hank:hank

Spindrifter

Welcome, nice brace of Standards. What do you amplify with? You've entered the danger zone my brother!:laugh2: This place promotes G.A.S. in a major way. :hank:hank

Thanks Al, I have a few amps. An Engl Savage 120, EVH 5150 50w combo, EVH 100W Stealth head, Yamaha THX10 and a Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w rack mount head. I've been looking at Les Pauls for a couple of years and after finally getting my hands on an HP decided that was the one..... or two! :laugh2:

Big Al

I never thought one guitar can do it all, more that they have different voices and applications, (same for amplifiers), a decidely minority position here. But, OMG! what a powerful and singular voice the Les Paul possesses. I'm happy you've found it. I've played them since the early 70's, some here even longer!

They are old companion's now. I'm still learning new things about them, even though I can't play as much and I think you will find this site a wealth of knowledge. All the Pubs are great and lots of archived stuff to find.

Spindrifter

I never thought one guitar can do it all, more that they have different voices and applications, (same for amplifiers), a decidely minority position here. But, OMG! what a powerful and singular voice the Les Paul possesses. I'm happy you've found it. I've played them since the early 70's, some here even longer!

They are old companion's now. I'm still learning new things about them, even though I can't play as much and I think you will find this site a wealth of knowledge. All the Pubs are great and lots of archived stuff to find.

I came from the Strat side (still have 2 early 90s Custom Deluxe Pluses that I bought new) but started craving more humbucker tone and down the rabbit hole I went. I settled on the HPs because I liked the coil tap options so I could still visit the single coil realm when I wanted. The neck joint and weight relief are nice touches, even though they are a modern nod.

Big Al

I came from the Strat side (still have 2 early 90s Custom Deluxe Pluses that I bought new) but started craving more humbucker tone and down the rabbit hole I went. I settled on the HPs because I liked the coil tap options so I could still visit the single coil realm when I wanted. The neck joint and weight relief are nice touches, even though they are a modern nod.

Big time Fender fan. Strats and Teles are my go to guitars. Love p90 Les Pauls and my first Les Pauls were singlecoil, p90 types.

As much as I love them, humbucker Standards and Customs filled a big sonic hole. Such a big, powerful, singing tone! Creamy and stinging. That big wide tone thing with clarity. Nothing else like it. I fell for the way sustained notes display shifting harmonic complexity and morph into singing feedback. The exhale, that breathy tone, addicted me.

I really liked the HP Standards anp personally and only wished for a beefier neck. A modern, updated Standard is a good idea.

jb_abides

Welcome. Nice guitars, the HP series is well-matched to those amps, and appropriately lured you in from the Fender side... enjoy! :salude