• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best Place to Sell a High-End Guitar? Aged/Signed Joe Perry Les Paul

5997joe

Hi All. I recently bought an Aged and Signed Joe Perry Les Paul. It's an awesome guitar, but I already have the aged version. I have sentimental attachment to the aged so I'm selling the Aged and Signed. I have it on eBay now and will put it on Reverb. Are there any other good sites to list it? I see there is a sale forum here. Do people actually buy guitars listed for sale here?

I wouldn't mind consigning it, but every place I called in Nashville, Chicago, LA, New York, etc. wanted 20%. The guitar will sell (eventually) for approximately $20-$25k and $4k is a good chunk of that. eBay and Reverb fees are high, but cap out at about 10% which I'm fine with I guess.

Thanks in advance.

LP007

Hello - I'm not sure where you're based but for private, non-business sellers here in the UK eBay regularly do a sell for £1 promotion. So rather than paying 10% you only pay £1 in selling fees. I only sell when this offer is on.