• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Concerning the pickups in a CC #6

Maxmc

I have a Collector's Choice #6 which I picked up second hand a while ago. Great guitar, sounds amazing. Recently, during a string change, I decided to have a sticky beak at the pickups as I'd read that they were zebras. First think I noticed was that one was missing the PAF sticker and that the covers looked like they may have been removed at some point. I unscrewed the some of the screws securing the pickup coils to the bases to check the coil colours. They appeared to be all black coils. Also they appeared to be wax potted. So, my question is: are they original to this guitar, original spec?

AA00475Bassman

One of My R8's was missing a PAF decal - Sicker from the factory no one has touched the guitar other than me !

Really do you think this is something most people would question ?

It's a decal - sticker this implies nothing other than its gone !

Maxmc

One of My R8's was missing a PAF decal - Sicker from the factory no one has touched the guitar other than me !

Really do you think this is something most people would question ?

It's a decal - sticker this implies nothing other than its gone !
The sticker is just a minor observation really. If someone who knows what the stock pickups were on this CC model could chime in and say yes or no to the bobbin colour and wax, that would be good.

Maxmc

What's the CC#6 name and when was it produced.
I don't think it has a name. It's just a 2012 Gibson Collector's Choice #6. I was hoping that Mike Slubowski might see this post and chime in, as he owns the original that the #6 is modeled on. It's presently the top banner for this forum.