• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

7 lb LP with Binding?

Just Mike

I have no complaints with my LP studio, but I want another LP with binding and abalone/pearl Gibson logo. I would also like the thinner body like the studio. I'm a player, so condition isn't important to me. What am I looking for?

miczap

I have no complaints with my LP studio, but I want another LP with binding and abalone/pearl Gibson logo. I would also like the thinner body like the studio. I'm a player, so condition isn't important to me. What am I looking for?

try looking for a Les Paul Custom ‘Lite’ from the 13-14 era. Definitely an upgrade from the studio, and lots of swish binding

Big Al

I haven't a clue.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
There were some Studios in the 1980s that fit that description, IIRC. :hmm

uncajoey

Mid eighties LP Studio Standard. Binding, but no pearl logo. Body is thinner than studios or standards, so the name is confusing. Maple cap, thin body, Shaw pickups, great skinny neck and wide wide frets. Killer. Usually around seven pounds.